Issue with switching between the same elements in Content Builder

Hi!

This happens a lot since the update, in both Chrome and Firefox. It is not 100% consistent, so sometimes it works normally:

When I place a content block with simple content in one section, and another one in the second, sometimes I cannot switch between them by clicking one and the other respectively.

For example if I am in content block 1, I have to first click something else and only then I can move into content block 2.

I have successfully reproduced the issue (Firefox/Chrome) in a clean Sandbox install.

There was another issue which I wasn’t able to reproduce: Same thing happened on switching between two Classic Feature boxes.

Thanks!

Hello @Misho,

Thanks for writing in!

I could replicate the issue in my local installation. Please check out the image below:

Could you please provide us a video screen cast so that we will have an idea of how the issue is going on from your browser?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Sure!

The link to the video is in the secure note.

The setup is Content area, Headline, Content area. All is working until 0:21, and then it stops.

Thanks!

Hi Misho,

I can confirm the issue on your site. This could be related to your caching plugin or other 3rd party plugins as well. Since it’s your live site, we need your permission to disable plugins and test this issue further. Or else you can create a copy of your live site in a staging environment (Eg: staging.example.com) by following our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126). In that way, we can investigate this issue further.

Your server resources and configurations seems to be fine at this point.

• PHP v7.2.11
  • PHP Memory Limit 768MiB
  • PHP Max Script Execute Time 120s

If you have the ability to switch your PHP versions, I would suggest you to switch below PHP v7.2.x, that is above v5.6.x and see if that has any impact.

Thanks!

Hi!

I do have a staging site. Link in secure note. Same credentials.

This is what I have tried:

1. Exclude /pro/ path in SG Optimizer settings
  2. Disable SG Optimizer completely
  3. Clear browser cache on each new change
  4. Disable all plugins
  5. Try PHP 7.1.23
  6. Try PHP 7.0.32

Nothing helped, unfortunately.

For the time being, I have left PHP at 7.0.32.

Thanks!

Hi Misho,

I logged in to your site and checked the test page with the elements. It’s working fine for me.
not sure if the issue resolved in your side too.
Please check the video in a secure note.

Thanks

Hi!

So it is just me. Something affects the Content builder, and it is not Caching or plugins. Could be browser, but this happens on two different ones. What else remains? Windows 10? Hmm, something in hosts file? Firewall? I’ll keep digging. I will let you know if I find out something.

Thanks!

Hi Misho,

I was able to replicate this issue on my test site.

I will forward this to our web development team for review.

Thanks

Fantastic! Thanks!

Here is one more, related to this problem, so I won’t open a new thread for it:

When I have a Content area text box open in the sidebar, I have to first close it, and only then select some other element.

If I fail to do this, and select something while the Content area is open, the UI becomes unresponsive. I cannot select anything but (luckily) the “Save” button.

The only solution is to reload the page.

Thanks again!

Hey Misho,

I tried what you’ve describe but I couldn’t replicate in my test sites. See https://youtu.be/1bmnkFRVC-4. Can you record a screencast including some server setup info to add more details to our report?

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.