Issue with latest Wordpress update

Hi, I updated Wordpress (and X theme from the latest). In the page editor for Cornerstone pages there is now nowhere I can save any changes to the SEO etc?

This is not the case with non Cornerstone pages?

Can you help? I have no idea!

Thanks Fiona

Hello Fiona,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi There,

That’s the new editor. If you want to switch back to the classic editor, please install this plugin:

Let us know how it goes!

I get that. I just don’t understand why you cannot use this theme with it and why you cannot have the theme and save the page behind Cornerstone too as before. Surely that is a design fault? (I don’t mean that critically). Does it make sense to have to indstall another plugin? Does this happen with every theme?

Hi Fiona,

Actually this goes with the Wordpress 5.0 update where the classic editor is replaced by Gutenberg. In order to use the Classic Editor, you will need to have the Classic Editor plugin installed and activated on your site.

You may read more about the Wordpress 5.0 update from here:

Please note that the link above is from Wordfence which is a third party plugin but the article should give you information about Wordpress 5.0

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.