Issue with Fixed Header

Hi! I’m using X Theme for a new site. We just set our header as “fixed” and this works great, but our background image is now up underneath the header. I can’t seem to figure out the css to move the background image down 90px when the page loads so that the header isn’t covering it up.

Thank you!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site and it turns out that you are using the default and sitewide background image option. I wouldn’t recommend this setting in your set up. The best that you can do is edit the page in Cornerstone and add the image as a section background image so that it will always be below the navbar. It would also help if you will make use of Rev Slider and place the image there. You can then apply the slider below your masthead. Please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-sliders/97

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help! I tried using the section background image option and this only allows one image. My client is going to want 2-3 rotating images on each page eventually, so that’s not an option.

I also tried using Revolution Slider under the masthead and that doesn’t allow me to place the slider behind the body of the page. So I’m back to selecting the multiple images in the page setup.

It there any css for just moving where the page starts below the header?

Thank you!

Hi There,

I am a bit confused about what you want to achieve, can you provide a mockup?

Thank you

Hi! Actually, I’m sorry, I misspoke on my original message. In double-checking, it appears the top 90px of the background images are covered by the header whether I use Static or Fixed! So basically, I’m wondering if there is a way to bump the background image down 90px so the header doesn’t cover any of it.

Hi There,

Thank you for the clarification, please add this on X > Launch > Theme Options > CSS

.backstretch {
	top: 80px !important;
}

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Fantastic! That’s exactly what I was looking for!!

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome, we’re delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.