Issue with Editing pages with Pro

Hi when I edit pages and publish the content is not updating on the live site, I have even copied the page and republished, but the content is till not updating. The content is always correct when editing with Pro, but when published, Its still the old content.

I duplicated the page and changed the menu to make sure that it was the right page…

can anyone help

Hi @billy.rooney,

The symptom that you have described can be caused by several reasons. I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Check if this is happening only for a specific page or all pages.
  • Create a sample new page, add some stuff and save then try to change it and see the result.
  • Make sure that you have the latest version of the Pro theme. If not please update.
  • Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  • Check if you have any kind of cache plugin or your hosting service provider has one. Disable the cache and check the case.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Hi There is nothing that I can see, cache wise that is what I thought of first.

the version is 2.5.5 and the wordpress was updated yesterday, along with any plugins, The strange thing is the edit is always okay.

As I said I duplicated the page, called it beauty 2, changed the menu, the menu changed, but the page content was still old. So this should rule out caching.

I am not sure how to find the secure note for the username and password I will try and reply shortly.

Hi @billy.rooney,

I am not able to login. When I tried to load your admin, I got this:

When I click continue it redirect me back to Homepage.
I did some research and found this thread. Your hosting provider can help you better.

Different issue thats just a bad link, I will resend the credentials sorry I forgot about that

Hi @billy.rooney,

Can you give us more information on the changes you were doing on the Beauty page? Which section are you editing and what content are you adding? I tried to edit the live beauty page. On this text: Celene believes the key to good health is a balance of a happy mind and a peaceful body. I tried to add another 2 period at the end just to check if I will encounter the issue. The changes save properly and I am able to see it on frontend. Please clarify the edit that is not working so we can try it ourselves on the page to see the error. Thank you.

Um thats mad, because I have edited it, and removed the celene cullen and replaced it with a totally new Bio for another person.

As you can see here, in the top I have the page, I edit with pro… and it shows Janet Boyle I publish and it shows Celene I have tried this from various different computers, so if it works for you, can I ask you to talk me through how you edited it?

Hi @billy.rooney,

I checked the page list, saw there are 3 beauty pages. A draft version, then beauty and beauty2. I then click Edit with Pro under Beauty page. That’s the page I edited. Beauty and Beauty2 have the same Celene content and not Janer Boyle. If it should be Janet Boyle, please try to right click, inspect element, go to console tab, see if there’s an error.

Thats my problem, on different computers… I edit the beauty page, I see the Janet Boyle, I publish, and it publishes Celene Cullen, I click edit again, and its back to Janet Boyle

Hi @billy.rooney,

I did the tests below:

• I added a new page called test. It works with no problem.
  • I changed the permalink of the Beauty page to something else and it is still not showing correctly.

It seems the problem is only happening for that specific page. I am not sure why this is happening and why the page is corrupt.

I suggest that you recreate the page and on each step save the page and see the result, that way if it happens again you will find the problem cause and the step which is causing the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.