Issue with duplicate license

Hi,

I have a few more X-Theme sites to build over the next few weeks so purchased a few more licences. I’m messing around with a Multisite installation at the moment, running three separate TLDs as a proof of concept. I also just hit 40 X-Theme licenses!

However, I simply cannot get the auth code to validate on the URL I’m using for one of the sites.

“Your code is valid but looks like it has already been used on another site.”

Every time. I’ve checked all the URLs in my license area and it’s not there twice. This is a brand new code too - I bought it just to test the site and will use it in a live environment once I start the build.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Geoff

Hello Geoff,

Thank you for the details. I can see that you have 40 X licenses and 1 Pro license. Could you please provide the license code and the site URL that you are validating so that we can check for any duplicates or that why it is not validating. You may add the license code and the URL in a secure note when you reply. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Hi RueNel,

Thank you for your prompt reply. There’s no option for a secure note as far as I can see, either via an inline reply or a straightforward reply.

Thanks

Geoff

Ah - now there is! Perhaps I needed to mention ‘secure note’.

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the licence and the url attached that’s shared in secure note in licence manager and I don’t see the issue of duplicacy.

However, I see that you are using X Theme 6.4.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.5. Please update X Theme and Cornerstone to latest version (X Theme 6.5.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.6) to avoid any compatibility issues. Here’s the resources that you can refer to update. Once you have updated X Theme and Cornerstone, please try to validate again.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested above, updating X to 6.5.6 via manual SFTP upload. However, the version of Cornerstone in 6.5.6 is 3.5.5 and I can’t update automatically as it won’t validate.

On manually updating Cornerstone, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cornerstone_plugin_init() (previously declared in /www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/cornerstone.php:20) in /www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone - old/cornerstone.php on line 21

I’m at a bit of loss as to why this is happening. Please let me know if you’d like a login to the site and I’ll send in a secure note.

Thanks

Geoff

Sorry - I should say, I resolved the error by renaming the folder back and removing the uploaded version of Cornerstone.

Still no luck with this though.

Hi Geoff,

Please note that you can only validate one license per single installation. Even though it’s a multi-site, it still a single installation (same files). This also prevents installation in Site 1 that alters the same set of files (theme) used by Site 2.

Hence, if you already validated once license for the main/root site then it should be enough. But still, you will need a license for each site (not for validation).

Thanks!

Thank you guys - that was it!

Glad to hear it’s sorted, Geoff.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.