HI GUYS,
I have the following issue:
this is ENGLISH page

I translated content into ITALIAN.

I know have two different results:

1. CONTENT NOT UPDATED IN ITALIAN SITE

this happens if I follow this path: enter italian site + click on ESTERNI page

1. CONTENT UPDATED IN ITALIAN:
    this happen only if I follow this path: click on OUTDOOR page in english site/switch to italian site, staying on the same page

What’s wrong?
Thank you

Hi @rossmarta,

Thanks for reaching out.

It shouldn’t be translated that way, please check this https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oq0a5f7s2fd852/CornerstoneTranslation.mp4?dl=0. Pages should have the dedicated page for each language instead of just replacing the strings. That’s a manual translation of your page.

Please note that the new WPML has 3 ways of translating your site. Under WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages you’ll see these options

Use the Classic Translation Editor Use the Advanced Translation Editor Create translations manually

And you should create translations manually for the builder to work. Other options will not work on v2 elements. With manual translations, you’ll have to duplicate the page and translate it independently or simply click the flag icon within the builder.

Thanks!

Hi Rab,
thank you for your answer. I followed your instructions + watched tutorial.
Translations are set with CLASSIC EDITOR. By watching the tutorial I have realized that on the english page there is no DUPLICATE BUTTON as shown in the tutorial.

WEBSITE PAGE

TUTORIAL

could that be the issue? how do I activate DUPLICATE button ?

thank you again

Hi There @rossmarta

Could you please try creating a new page and see if you’re still having this issue. If you’re still having this issue, try disabling your 3rd party plugins and see if the issue persist.

If you’re still having this issue, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

Hi,
already tried these options and problem is still there. Have just sent credentials via secure note

Thanks for your help
Marta

Hi Marta,

You will have to upgrade the theme, Cornerstone and WMPL plugins to the latest stable version, please follow this guide to update them:

Thanks.

Hi, all updated. problem is still there

Hi @rossmarta,

You’re in new version of WPML.

Please note that the new WPML has 3 ways of translating your site. Under WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages you’ll see these options:

Use the Classic Translation Editor Use the Advanced Translation Editor Create translations manually
Make sure that the option Create translations manually is selected. I checked it and it’s not. Then test and duplicate it again.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
did as you said and translation is now set on Manual.
As you can see nothing changed and the DUPLICATE option is still not showing.

Hi @rossmarta,

Sorry for the confusion, the duplicate button was from old version and it’s now handled differently. But yes, that is still correct, should be set to manual translation, then edit your page in the builder and click the flag icon for translation. The provided video was from old version, and it’s now internally handled by the builder (the duplication). Hence, the manual translation is required for it to work.

For non-translated page, clicking the flag will display this

That’s the duplication (new but the same function as the duplicate button), you have options to start from blank or copy the content from existing page (about to translate) and translate the content manually.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
thank you so much for clarifying as I was a bit confused indeed!.
So, having set manual translation, and tested, unfortunately the issue is still there.
IE.
CONTACT PAGE
manual translation done

PAGE AS SHOWN ON ITALIAN WEBSITE

really do not know what to do

Hey @rossmarta,

You will need to manually translate your pages now. To do that, edit your English Contact page in Cornerstone and click on the Italian flag in the lower right hand corner.

You will then need to translate the content. I’ve translated one for you to help you get started. Please translate the rest.

Thanks.

Christian thank so much. I have edited and translated many contents and pages, it is now working properly.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.