Issue with Buddypress/bbpress Sites

Hey,

I’ve got this weird issue where some Sites (e.g. Group forums) from Buddypress and bbpress are not loading properly.
It is working correctly with twentyseventeen theme. Another weird issue with this sites is that there is no adminbar showing.

Domain is: eagle-six.com
Thanks

Hello @Schw_ede,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. On my end forum seems to be working fine. Please see screenshot. If you could let us know the issues you are facing, may be we can guide you in right direction. However, please note that Buddypress and bbPress are third party plugins and it may be a bit difficult for us to provide in-depth support for the same.
  2. Regarding admin bar, please make sure select Always On under Pro > Settings > User Preference > WordPress Toolbar.

Thanks.

Thanks for the answer. I’ve set the Settings as you’ve said, without any changes though. Here is Screenshot of the issue.

i could provide you my login data so you can check for yourself.

Hi @Schw_ede

I’ve checked your browser console and I can see there are two errors, one is a JS error related to “rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress” plugin and the other one is “Server error 500” which is preventing the page from loading completely.

I suggest updating Pro theme to the latest stable version 2.1.5 following this guide:

Also, I suggest checking the server error log file for any related error message that might be helpful in narrowing down this issue.

In case this didn’t help, then please provide us with FTP login details in a Secure Note so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

Hey Thanks for the reply.
i’ve updated everything but the site is still loding not correctly. I will provide the FTP-Login down below.

Thank you for your help.

Hi There @Schw_ede

As you have a 500 internal server error on your forum, I have checked your error log file php_errorlog which is in the root of your WordPress installation and I can see quite a lot of errors has been recorded in that file.

Since you have around 43 active plugins, I suggest you to troubleshoot it using WordPress Health Check plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/) which allows you to test for a plugin conflict without affecting your site visitors. Please check the video guide on how to use it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO1nP1gBstM).

For more information about particular errors in your error log, you can reach to your hosting provider.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I’ve tested the plugin and i’ll get the error immediately after i activate Buddypress. So i enabled wb_debugging and get this error message:

FatalError

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bp_is_group_forum() in /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/buddypress/groups/single/home.php:70 Stack trace: #0 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(690): require() #1 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-template-loader.php(155): load_template('/home/eaglesix/...', false) #2 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-template-loader.php(61): bp_locate_template(Array, true, false) #3 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-template-loader.php(338): bp_get_template_part('groups/single/h...', NULL) #4 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-groups/classes/class-bp-groups-theme-compat.php(265): bp_buffer_template_part('groups/single/h...', NULL, false) #5 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): BP_Groups_Theme_Compat->single_content('') #6 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook- in /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/buddypress/groups/single/home.php on line 70

Like i’ve said before it is working fine with any twentyseventeen, just on Pro not.

Thanks

Hello There,

I can confirm that this is a bug in the latest release. I already have informed our developers and they should be releasing a fix for this anytime soon.

To temporarily resolve this while awaiting for the release update, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<div id="buddypress">

<?php if ( bp_has_groups() ) : while ( bp_groups() ) : bp_the_group(); ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_group_home_content' ); ?>

<div id="item-header" class="cf" role="complementary">

<?php bp_get_template_part( 'groups/single/group-header' ); ?>

</div><!-- #item-header -->

<div id="item-nav">
		<div class="x-item-list-tabs-nav item-list-tabs no-ajax" id="object-nav" role="navigation">
			<ul>

<?php bp_get_options_nav(); ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_group_options_nav' ); ?>

</ul>
		</div>
	</div><!-- #item-nav -->

<div id="item-body">

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_group_body' );

/**
		 * Does this next bit look familiar? If not, go check out WordPress's
		 * /wp-includes/template-loader.php file.
		 * @todo A real template hierarchy? Gasp!
		 */

// Group is visible
		if ( bp_group_is_visible() ) : 

// Looking at home location
			if ( bp_is_group_home() ) :

// Use custom front if one exists
				$custom_front = bp_locate_template( array( 'groups/single/front.php' ), false, true );
				if     ( ! empty( $custom_front   ) ) : load_template( $custom_front, true );

// Default to activity
				elseif ( bp_is_active( 'activity' ) ) : bp_get_template_part( 'groups/single/activity' );

// Otherwise show members
				elseif ( bp_is_active( 'members'  ) ) : x_buddypress_groups_members_template_part();

endif;

// Not looking at home
			else :

// Group Admin
				if     ( bp_is_group_admin_page() ) : bp_get_template_part( 'groups/single/admin'        );

// Group Activity
				elseif ( bp_is_group_activity()   ) : bp_get_template_part( 'groups/single/activity'     );

// Group Members
				elseif ( bp_is_group_members()    ) : x_buddypress_groups_members_template_part();

// Group Invitations
				elseif ( bp_is_group_invites()    ) : bp_get_template_part( 'groups/single/send-invites' );

// Membership request
				elseif ( bp_is_group_membership_request() ) : bp_get_template_part( 'groups/single/request-membership' );

// Anything else (plugins mostly)
				else                                : bp_get_template_part( 'groups/single/plugins'      );

endif;
			endif;

// Group is not visible
		elseif ( ! bp_group_is_visible() ) :

// Membership request
			if ( bp_is_group_membership_request() ) :
				bp_get_template_part( 'groups/single/request-membership' );

// The group is not visible, show the status message
			else :

do_action( 'bp_before_group_status_message' ); ?>

<div id="message" class="info">
					<p><?php bp_group_status_message(); ?></p>
				</div>

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_group_status_message' );

endif;
		endif;

do_action( 'bp_after_group_body' ); ?>

</div><!-- #item-body -->

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_group_home_content' ); ?>

<?php endwhile; endif; ?>

</div><!-- #buddypress -->

3] Save the file named as home.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/x-child/buddypress/members/single/ or wp-content/themes/pro-child/buddypress/members/single/.

• You will have to create the folders since the folder path does not exist in the child theme.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Hey there,

I just wanted to let you know this has been fixed for the next release.

Any idea on when this release might be? I’m having the same issue and we’re delaying deploying the site until this is ready.

Hi @501creative

I can see this:

Bugfix: Fix fatal PHP error on BuddyPress member profile.

In the last theme update, in version 2.1.6 for Pro and 6.1.6 for X theme, so please make sure you have the latest version installed following this guide:

Thanks.

Hey, i have the version 2.1.6 installed, but still get an error on group forums. See the Screenshot

Error as Text

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bp_is_group_forum() in /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/buddypress/groups/single/home.php:70 Stack trace: #0 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(690): require() #1 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-template-loader.php(155): load_template(’/home/eaglesix/…’, false) #2 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-template-loader.php(61): bp_locate_template(Array, true, false) #3 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-template-loader.php(338): bp_get_template_part(‘groups/single/h…’, NULL) #4 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-groups/classes/class-bp-groups-theme-compat.php(265): bp_buffer_template_part(‘groups/single/h…’, NULL, false) #5 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): BP_Groups_Theme_Compat->single_content(’’) #6 /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook- in /home/eaglesix/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/buddypress/groups/single/home.php on line 70

Hi @Schw_ede

I’ve checked this issue and it seems to be another fatal error with bbPress different than the one addressed in the recent update.

I’ve logged this new one to our dev team. Currently we don’t have the information whether this is going to be fixed or not or even an ETA, our dev team will investigate this issue thoroughly first.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.