Issue with adding shortcode

I am using wordpress slider, I added a shortcode using the text element. It is adding a huge amount of padding under my slider. Is there a better way to add shortcodes, if not how do I remove the extra spacing

I checked the CSS for padding, but it seems fine = 0. The excessive padding goes away when the second slide appears.

Hi @jcaporaso

Thanks for reaching out.

The slider has the height of 39px; and I’m not sure what you mean by Wordpress slider. I’m only seeing the gallery as Wordpress built-in media related shortcode. I also checked and Gutenberg doesn’t have it. If it’s a 3rd party plugin then I recommend contacting the plugin author for the issue, else, please provide your admin login credentials in the secure note.

Thanks!

It is a third party plugin so I can definitely check in with them.

Can you confirm that the correct element to add a third party shortcode is the text element?

I will send my admin credentials.

Thanks!

Hi There @jcaporaso

You can use the Classic Raw Content element to place your shortocdes and it should render it properly.

You can also use Text element and when you’re using the Text element, make sure to paste your shortcode in the Text mode and note in the Rich Text mode.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks! I also switched to a slider in X themes, much better!

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.