Issue installing Slider Revolution extension

Is there an issue going on with Slider Revolution right now? I’ve tried multiple times to install it now and I keep getting an error.

Like any other Pro extension, I go to WP Admin > Pro > Overview, and then scroll down to the Slider Revolution extension and hit “Install”. It just sits there on the “Installing…” screen forever (I’ve given it 10+ minute wait times, still “Installing…”).

I refresh the page because I think it’s just a glitch, and now the plugin is supposedly installed and listed in my Plugins section. I hit “Activate”, but then get a notification at the top of my WP Admin dashboard saying the plugin could not be activated because of a fatal error.

Could someone help me get this extension installed please? Login info in secure note.

Hello @playandco,

Thanks for asking and sharing login details. :slight_smile:

Can you please delete existing Revolution Slider folder under plugins directory? Tried installing Revolution Slider but I am getting Destination folder already exists. error message. Also, before installing please try to revalidate your theme. Revoke license and unassign site then validate again and see if you can install Revolution Slider. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

See, that’s the funny part - Revolution Slider is removed from the plugins directory. But it’s still giving the error “Destination folder already exists.”

I tried following your instructions of revoking the license and unassigning the site, then revalidating, but unfortunately I’m still getting the error.

Any other thoughts on how to fix this?

Hello @playandco,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

That’s interesting. Would you mind sharing FTP login credentials in a secure note? I would like to take a closer look at your setup.

Thanks.

Sure! They are attached in a secure note to this message.

Hi there,

The folder is there and you can’t install it while the folder is existing. I deleted it again and installed your RevSlider. But yes, I waited about 12mins.

Make sure the addons page says that the plugin is installed (green check icon) before navigating away, the same way when you update it. Just let Wordpress install it before doing anything and it may take a while. I see this often when installing/updating a RevSlider plugin.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help, but I’m still getting a weird issue.

Now, the plugin is in the directory and all appears fine, but when I hit “Activate” the plugin doesn’t actually activate. The page refreshes and I get the success message “Plugin activated”, but if you actually look at the plugin, it’s not active.

Please help me get this working, thanks.

Hello There,

I have investigated the issue and it seems it is caused from your server timed out. I ended up manually installing the plugin by uploading the files one by one. The plugin is now installed and activated. It is now ready for you to use it.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.