Issue editing the home page

Hello!

For some reason, whenever I try editing the home page it does not save my work. When I edit other pages it is fine, but the home page no. It saved something at first and now my home page is messed up because I couldn’t finish editing it. But I can’t change anything because it is not working now.

I also had the same issue on a different website that uses Cornerstone, and on there as well just one of the pages would not actually save.

What could I do about this? I really need to fix the home page.

Thank you,
Yana

Hello Yana,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello! Thank you so much for the suggestions, I have tried updating but it didn’t help, I have also checked the plugins but I haven’t added anything new before it stopped working, it worked just fine recently, and my PHP memory is set to max. The only thing that happened was that I transferred my domain to the hosting agency which I used to download the wordpress from and build the site. Since then it stopped working.

I have added a secure note

Thank you so much,
Yana

Hello Yana,

Please double check the credentials. It says invalid username. Thanks.

I apologize, I wrote it wrong. I just changed it.

Thank you

Hi Yana,

Credentials are working now. What kind of edit you are doing? I tried to edit text element and it is working. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqhvjKTrVE
Can you give us specific details on how to duplicate the issue you were having?

I have recorded the issue on my screen. Here’s the link to the recording https://transfernow.net/031s1492w8fw

At certain times the cornerstone does not load at all, other times my whole wordpress does not load. Perhaps its an issue on my end? Thank you

Hi Yana,

I can see you are adding headline tags inside a headline element. No need for that.
First, go to X > Settings > User Preferences > Advance Mode: Choose ALWAYS ON. This will give you more element options.

After that, on your headers, no need to add headline tags. Currently you have this:

<h3 style="text-align: center;">Order Gift Baskets Online!</h3>
<h6 style="text-align: center;">Create a beautiful gift using any products from our store!</h6>
<h6 style="text-align: center;">We will help you pick the best items and make your basket gorgeous!</h6>

Remove the tag and just add Order Gift Baskets Online!
Under Primary Text > Tag field, you can choose h3.
Now, since advance mode is ON, under Text tab, you can see SUBHEADLINE SETUP. Set this to ON. Then add the text like this:

Create a beautiful gift using any products from our store!<br />
We will help you pick the best items and make your basket gorgeous!

There are options to set the properties for both main text and subheadline text.
Repeat the process on other headline options.

Hope this helps.

When I do this, the font is different…

How could I keep the same font?

Thank you

I also have a few other issues. I’m not sure if it belongs to this same post, but for some reason when I open the website on the phone it’s zoomed in and you can’t see certain parts of the site. It has to be zoomed out in order to see the whole thing. How could i fix that?

And also I am having issues trying to get the blocks to be in the middle of the page. They look find on laptop but on phone they are not on center and I can’t figure out how to keep them on center everywhere.

Thank you so much

And also, how could I make certain blocks not visible on phone for example? There was an option for it before but I don’t see it now

Thank you so much again

Hi Yana,

If you will use the V2 Headline element you will have to set the font for the headline using the Font Family option that you can see in the Text Format setting.

If you will use the Classic Custom Headline element, you do not need to manually set the font for the headline as it will follow what was set in X > Theme Options > Typography.

It seems to be because of the form that asks for the birthday that zooms the page when you click on the text field.

Try disabling the plugin or check the plugin settings that will stop the zooming on mobile. Please also note that since it is a third party plugin, we cannot provide support for it.

You can make use of the Hide During Breakpoints options for the blocks and elements which you can find in the customize option of the elements:

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much!

This really helps me a lot. I appreciate all of your help!

Yana

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.