Issue after updating X, visual composer and Cornerstone

RESOLVED

Hi the other day i updated the theme (X theme), Cornerstone and Visual Composer.
Not sure which update caused the issue but basically the layout of my home page was completely messed up (I have a video and instead of showing normally was taking the whole half of the page as well as some of the images. Also all the customized boxes were no longer showing the color I gave them in VC. It was so messed up that I had to ask my hosting provider to go back to the previous version before the update and now I am not comfortable in updating anything again until I figure out what is wrong (is it the theme? The VC update? Cornerstone Update?)

Can you please help me in figuring out why I had this issue?
my website is www.keepcalmandtravel.com I don’t have screenshot to show you the issue as i reverted to the older version, it would be good if you could take a look using my credentials and see for yourself (given that it can be reverted if the layout is messed up again.

Thanks for letting me know asap

1 Like

Hi Clelia,

Thanks for writing in! Since you have reverted back, I’m not sure what the exact issue is or you don’t have included any screenshots to take a closer look.

Anyway since you have experienced difficulties after updating, I suggest you to setup a staging site using the exact live copy (staging.example.com). In this way, you can test your updates there without affecting to your live site. You can follow our migration guide to setup a test site (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126).

Then you can share your credentials to your test site using a secure note option below your posts, so that we can look into your issue further.

Thanks!

Hi thanks

I created a staging website (helped by my hosting provider) I will add the credentials to the secure note
I didn’t touch anything on the staged website… thanks for letting me know what is the update causing the issue (check out the home page, the work with me page, and the Sardinia page (you will find them in the top bar menu). When i updated everything i noticed the layout messed up so that you have a reference. And how we can fix these issues and have the layout as it was before the update…

Thanks!

Hi,

I updated your staging to latest version and was able to replicate the issue.

To resolve it, you need to enable X integration under VC General Settings

Thanks

Hey @klelietta,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.