Is Woo Checkout Editor fully compatible with WPML?

Hi,

I have scanned Woo Checkout Editor plugin via WPML theme & plugins localization but I can’t find some strings for translation ( For example: First Name, Last Name, Country and So on). Also when I add a new custom checkout field, then I can’t find it in WPML for translation but few fields like Postcode and City are showing correct translations based on WooCommerce plugin translated strings.
Is Woo Checkout Editor fully compatible with WPML?

Hey Omid,

Both the default and custom fields of the Woo Checkout Editor are translatable by WPML. Because the data is stored in the wp_options table of WordPress, you need to translate the fields using this method: https://wpml.org/faq/translating-entries-in-wp_options/

The option_name you would need is tco_woo_fields_billing_options. You will need that when configuring the wpml-config.xml file.

You then need to translate the fields using the String Translation addon by WPML.

You finally need to translate the Checkout page. Below are screenshots of the results.

###English

###Spanish

If you need specifics on the steps mentioned above, please contact WPML support as this is this mainly involves WPML.

Hope that helps.

Thank you @christian ! You gave me very good hints and I did my translations. I have a suggestion, if it is possible please add translatable strings to plugin related table in future versions.

And about using wp-options for translation this point is important too.

Regards

You’re welcome!
We’re glad @Christian were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.