Is this a fail in Theme update?

Hi team,

First of all, I think you did great work.

There is a major issue though that you should solve… well I think that wil be a good plan since for agencies that have built many sites (like we did) there will be a huge amount of update work to be done.

Reason: the structure has changed… where it was previously x-section > x-container > x-column, now you have changes x-column to x-col

Everyone that has written custom CSS using $el in combination with x-column will now experience broken styling.

Is there a simple fix for this as it will be problematic especially with larger websites

Cheers

Hi @quinex,

As we now support the nested layouts, there was an inevitable part, to change the class. But that change is happening only if you add a new section or use the Row element or the Nested Layout feature.

The previously added sections will keep having the x-column class and that will not change. So I am not sure there is a case scenario that a previously $el usage may have any problems.

I might be of more help if you give me a case scenario to be able to compare.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for letting us know. I will test on staging and if issues come up I’ll let you know the specifics… will that be a plan?

Great solution though to have the option to define the columns per breakpoint… awesome feature!

Thanks, looking forward hearing from you!

@quinex, I wanted to briefly add that under Preferences you can change the Content Layout Element back to the previous generation of the Row element which makes it the default element when you create a new Section.

@alexander

Interesting, but it says row and classic row , but is classic row not the old one used in X?

“Row” is the new Row from this update. Classic Row is the previous generation. I know, it’s a little confusing. You can take a look at the FAQ in the release notes for more information on why those decisions were made: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-3-0-x-7-0-cornerstone-4-0/64267

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.