Is there a way to edit the homepage of the Ethos stack with Cornerstone?

Hi,

I’d like to make some edits to my homepage by adding my own block of text (like a “Welcome to my website” block of text), and then showing relevant posts… Is this possible? I’d also like to add images to my homepage without having the homepage just relevant to most recent posts.

Site: audiomixingtips.com

• J

Additionally, is there a way to change my blog posts so that they go from the default way the blogs are set up into this:

Please note how the blogs are displayed differently on the screenshot vs. audiomixingtips.com

Hi there,

Yes, it is possible. Please add a page and save with whatever name you like. Then Go to Settings > Reading and change the setting and select the page which you have created:

Then use the Cornerstone on the homepage to add the blocks in question. You can also use the Recent Posts element to add whatever blog posts you like.

If you want to add only from one category to the recent posts you need to find the Category ID.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher, thank you for replying.

I have made a set homepage and now I have two more questions:

1. Is it possible to set the website so that the post carousel appears only on my homepage?

2. I am turning the “Post Slider Blog” option “on” in my Ethos stack, but it does not seem to be appearing on my homepage. How can I fix this?

Thank you.

Hey @stevenkwlee,

1. To show the carousel in home page only, please add this code in Appearance > Theme Options > CSS
body:not(.home) .x-post-carousel {
    display: none;
}
  1. Your carousel displays on my end. Please try clearing your browser cache or try incognito mode.

Thanks.

Hi there, thanks for your response.

1. The code worked! Thanks.

2. I was referring to the “Post Slider Blog” – not the carousel. I remember it looking similar to a Revolution Slider effect, but I don’t know how to get it to show on my homepage.

You’re welcome. For the slider issue, please give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note so we could check your setup.

Thanks.

Hi, I’ve attached the info in a secure note in this reply

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

The post slider is only applicable to blog index page (the archive page), and there is no way you can edit it with the cornerstone. You set a static home page instead, and that allows you to edit your home page, but it’s no longer a blog index page, hence, post slider will not be available.

With static pages, I recommend using Revslider with Post as source and manually add it to your home page.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.