Is there a way to add the "page name" to a header?

Hi,

I’d like to be able to have the page name next to my navigation toggle in a header. Is this possible? Is there a shortcode for the page name? Or a way to dynamically call it in to the spot in the header?

Thanks,
Jen

Hello @petitshoo,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

If you are using Pro Theme for this project (I see that you have Pro Theme licence) and header builder then along side hamburger menu, you can add a button or text element. Change the text and under Link > URL (for button element) add the link of Page over here. If you wish to use text element then you can click on Insert/edit link option to link the text.

Here is a screencast that you can take a look.

Thanks.

Thanks! I do know about adding text links to the header. What I was hoping to do was have it pull in the page name dynamically (I don’t need it to link) so I don’t have to do a header for every page in our site. Is there a way to do that?

Hi Jennifer,

Regretfully, elements are not capable of pulling dynamic content (maybe in the future). Instead, you can try utilizing the ACF PRO extension instead. And place the shortcode on a Content Area element.

Thanks,

Thanks for the tip. I’ve set up a custom field with ACF PRO but the shortcode doesn’t work within a content area. Is there a different element I should try?

Hi again! I figured it out. I used a Global Block with Raw Content and the shortcode once I setup the ACF Custom Field. And it is working like a charm! :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.