Is there a Page Caching Plugin by Bluehost installed in Pro?

So I have a 3rd party plugin for a doctors directory on my website:

ohiocannabis.com/doctors

The problem is when you click on a doctor it goes to a 404 page

The plugin developer is very active and helping me fix this problem, but he said there was a plugin by Bluehost that was Page Caching and causing this problem?

[quote]At the bottom of the page, in the source, it has this:

After a quick Google search… it is installed by BlueHost.

Please try clearing the cache. If that does not work, try disabling it.[/quote]

I haven’t cleared the cache yet as I haven’t figured out how to do so, but that is my next step.

Does anyone have any insight into clearing this up?

Thank you.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, yeah I saw a few site with a built-in caching plugin from Bluehost, see under Settings > General and see Cache Level you can set that to 0 to turn it Off. To clear it, see the adminbar at the top hover the Caching and Purge All

If clearing cache does not resolve your 404 page issue, please navigate to Settings > Permalinks and just re-save it.

Cheers!

Ok I did all of that & it still isn’t working - can I delete this Bluehost plugin? I don’t see anything referencing it in my Installed Plugins

Hi There,

It’s better to disable that plugin and test your site again. If you want to utilize a caching plugin, you can try a plugin like W3 Total Cache.

Thanks!

As I mentioned I don’t even see anything related to Bluehost in my plugins - Also, I did not install any caching plugin - I was assuming it came with the Pro theme?

I am going to add some login info securely so you can take a look.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I have just checked your site and the caching functionality is indeed added by BlueHost.

Since this is beyond something we could check, I can’t provide a suggestion that will surely sort this but kindly try to login through FTP and go to wp-content/plugins/mu-plugins/ then try to see if you can find the endurance-page-cache.php file. That file should be what is adding the caching option.

Though as I am not certain about the repercussions for removing the file so it would be best to get in touch with BlueHost directly and ask them how to safely disable the caching option.

As for the doctor page landing to 404 pages, it could be something that you will have to set on your permalinks. This might be something you can ask the plugin developer for.

Hope this helps.

Hmm I am still unfamiliar with this Bluehost or how to remove it.

The plugin developer said it was being caused by the Live Composer Plugin - was this from the X/Pro Theme?

If not can I Uninstall it? This won’t affect Cornerstone if I remove this plugin right?

Hi there,

It would be best to get in touch with BlueHost for any question about their caching service.

As for the Live Composer Plugin, no it is not a plugin associated with X and Cornerstone.

The plugins bundled with X are listed here:

If you disable it, it should not affect your Cornerstone page as it is a different page builder but please make sure to keep a backup of your site before making any changes.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.