Is it possible to revert to Visual Composer?

Hi, I’m new to the Pro theme, and I’m not getting on very well with Cornerstone (or whatever the Pro equivalent is called). For example, I’m having trouble finding out how to assign CSS selectors and when I make changes to tablet-size, they are affecting my desktop view (I assume I’m doing something wrong).

Is it possible to revert to Visual Composer (with which I am already familiar) to speed things up? How would I go about this? Would I lose everything I have done so far?

Many thanks!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
We are really sorry that you are facing issue using the content builder. However, we are here to help you any kind of issue.
Regarding your question related to CSS selector, you can assign any custom class name or ID to any element in the customize tab of the element, column, row or section.

After adding this CSS class or ID you can target media query screen size to add custom CSS for device specific.
The theme is already responsive and works fine in all device. If you want to do some specific changes to the device then you have to write custom CSS code for that.

Please check media query reference here.
https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_rwd_mediaqueries.asp

Regarding the visual composer question, you can use it with Pro but the page you have created with Pro editor can’t be changed using VC. You can use VC for new pages. Existing pages will be there without any issue.

Hope this helps!

Hi

Thanks for that. I’d like to give the Pro backend editor a fair chance before switching to WPBakery PageBuilder. Can you explain how I should be going about making the site responsive to different viewport widths using the Pro backend editor? From the Responsive bar at the top I’ve been selecting the tablet setting (768px+) and then making edits. Perhaps that’s not the right way to do it, because the changes I make seem to affect the desktop view as well. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Hi There @Lettie

We have a separate detailed guide on how to utilize hide during breakpoints option on X/Pro theme. Please review it first, from the following link (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/hide-during-breakpoint-explained/17378) and then let us know if you have any additional questions or issues.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.