Is it possible to restructure the topbar/navbar so it is set within the page and stays fixed?

Hi, I’ve started a site and I’d like to have a full background slider with the topbar/navbar set within the page so you can see the slider image either side of it and a little bit above it too! Is this possible to do? I’ll upload a mockup I’ve out together for your reference at the end of this post.

Also, is it possible for the following:

1. The background of the topbar/navbar to be transparent
  2. The topbar/navbar to stay fixed in the same position when the user scrolls down the page

I’ll put the URL in a secure note along with the By Pass Password as I’ve got a maintenance page up at the minute.

Thanks!

Hello @core365,

Thanks for writing in!

For the slider, I suggest you to take a look at Revolution Slider that comes bundled with X Theme. Revolution Slider can be installed from X > Validation > Extensions.

To position the Navigation and topbar in between Slider, please add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

.x-topbar {
    width: 80%;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

header.masthead.masthead-inline {
    width: 80%;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

.x-topbar-inner.x-container {
    width: 100%;
}

Add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

header.masthead.masthead-inline {
    background-color: transparent;
}

Looks like you have already made the necessary changes. Can you please confirm?

To get started with Revolution Slider, please take a look at following resource:

1- I have found the proper CSS code selector using the Chrome browser Developer Toolbar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFnnxfA70g

2- For the CSS code itself, I suggest that you get started with this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfoY53QXEnI

Thanks.

Hi, thanks, it’s kind of worked! There are a couple of issues with it, I hope you can help out with them!:

1. There’s a solid white band at the top that goes across the whole width and I can’t get rid of it!
  2. When you scroll down the page, the navbar jumps and goes back to fill the width of the screen
  3. I can’t tell if there’s a gap from the top of the topbar/navbar as I’d like it to start about 30px from the top of the page

Thanks!

Hi @core365,

First, please navigate to Theme Options > Header and set the Navbar Top Height to 0

Then add this to Theme Options > CSS

header .x-topbar {
    margin-top: 45px;
}
.x-navbar {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    padding-left: 2em;
    padding-right: 2em;
}
.x-navbar .x-navbar-inner .x-container {
	background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5);
	margin-top: 30px;
}

I see that you made the topbar position: fixed; to make it a sticky bar. I suggest you wrap that custom CSS with a @media (min-width: 767px) CSS media query so it does not affect the mobile view.

Thanks,

Hi, thanks for that, but I’m not too sure what’s happening with it! I was tweaking the CSS and I got it to look exactly how I wanted it, then I saved it and refreshed the page and it changed! I then scrolled down the page and the header/navbar jumped and looks different!

Thanks!

Hi @core365,

To fix it, you can add the code below in Theme Options > CSS

.home .x-navbar.x-navbar-fixed-top {
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
}

Hope that helps

Hi, thanks, but unfortunately it didn’t help. I still have the same problem with it moving to the top of the page after scrolling down the screen.

Thanks!

Hey @core365,

Change it to

.home .x-navbar {
    position: fixed;
    top:0;
    left:0;
    right:0;
}

Then adjust the margin of header .x-topbar again.

Hope that helps.

Yay! You’ve sorted it! Thank you so much!

I really appreciate everyone’s help and time with this. Thank you!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.