Is it possible to add a ticker tape or plugin below the Navbar?

Hello,

My website is using renew stack. I want to add a announcement bar right below the Navbar to scrolling some news. I found some plugin can do this but only in the content area.

Thank you

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! What you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Custom content below navbar
// =============================================================================
function custom_content(){ ?>

<p>Insert your custom content here</p>

<?php }
add_action('x_after_masthead_end', 'custom_content');
add_action('x_after_view_global__slider-below', 'custom_content');

If the scrolling new provides a shortcode, you can edit the code above and replace it like this:

// Custom content below navbar
// =============================================================================
function custom_content(){

echo do_shortcode('[the scrolling new shortcode]');

}
add_action('x_after_masthead_end', 'custom_content');
add_action('x_after_view_global__slider-below', 'custom_content');

Hope this helps.

Hi Rue Nel,

Thank you very much for the reply. It is very helpful. I am just successfully setup a tickertape with the child theme.

The tickertape has just two minor problems.

Since my Navbar has twelve items, most of the time the last few items will wrap to the next line. In this case, the tickertape will disappear, which is probably overlapped by the wrapped menu. Is it possible to modify the code then the tickertape still can shown even the navbar items wrapped please?

Another problem is, the tickertape bar will disappeared if I turn on the WP Super Cache. Is it any way to keep using the WP Super Cache and the tickertape bar at the same time please?

Thank you very much.

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully, this particular customization request is outside the scope of our support as this is not related to an issue with the theme and instead has to do with your customization of it. As such, you will need to investigate this particular issue on your own or seek help from a developer should you not feel comfortable making these changes yourself. We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you. If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.