Is Flexbox available in Content Builder

WordPress: v4.9.1
Pro: v1.2.7
Using the New PRO Content/Page Builder.

I see the power of Flexbox available for the Header and Footer Builder.
But unfortunately I can’t find the same settings for the content or page builder.
(SELF FLEX, or FLEX LAYOUT) are not available on the (Section, Row or Column settings).

Is Flexbox available for the Content or page Builder?

1 Like

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, the Content Builder/Cornerstone’s section, row, and column are still using the conventional CSS properties. However, if you need to, you can write a custom CLASS that applies a flexbox properties to your section, row, and column.

Guide to Flexbox

Cheers!

Thanks,
Is there any plans to make Flexbox available for the Content or page Builder in the near future?

2 Likes

Hi,

This is something we can add to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive. Thanks!

3 Likes

Apparently, the only way to get the grace and benefits of Flexbox in the Content area of a Page, is by “writing a custom CLASS that applies to the Flexbox properties to the section, row and column” as described previously.
So if that is the case, yes, please add it to your list of feature requests, as simple controls for Flexbox for the content area of a page is a must.

1 Like

Hi There,

Yes, a Custom CLASS would be the way. This has been on our feature request list but does not get much demand also this is kind of a major update if we decide to implement this, with that said we can not guarantee if we will implement this in the future. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive.

At the moment our Dev Team is focused on finishing the new Template Manager feature, then after that, they will be dedicated to addressing the bugs on our log.

Thank you for understanding,
Cheers!

Hi developers,
here’s another thumbs up really high for adding flexbox control into the Content editor.
The versatility over traditional row-column logic is really helpful. I often find myself thinking “I chose PRO because it gives me perfect customization based on my knowledge of HTML and CSS”, but when it comes to the constraints of the Content editor I wonder if I should switch to hardcoding Bootstrap themes or the like… :slight_smile:
Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi There,

Thank you for the input your vote has been noted!

+1

I would also love this feature to be implemented. I don’t understand why the header and footer builders feature it, but the content editor does not.

2 Likes

Your feedback has been noted.

+2

Yes! Let’s ditch that conventional CSS properties and lest rook some simple controls for Flexbox for the content area!

2 Likes

Your vote is noted :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.