Invisible content (google warning)

Hi,

There is this content on the page but I can’t find the content on the website nor can I find it inside the Pro editor. How can this be?

I receive Google warnings about me making parts invisible to users.

Hi There @djinnie

Thanks for writing in! Please check hide during breakpoints of your elements. I see there’s class applied in that Column. Please refer to our hide during breakpoints feature explained here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/hide-during-breakpoint-explained/17378).

Click on the mobile button and check your content on different screen sizes, so that you should be able to locate to those hidden elements.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress credentials in a secure note to check it.

Thanks!

Thank you for reply.

I feel the problem is not that I hide elements on mobile or desktop for example.

As you can see in my first post there is some text on that page, when you view source code, which I cannot find on mobile nor desktop. For example this line: Download gratis de eerste 6 hoofdstukken.

This means that I can change the screen sizes but I still cannot find these lines on the page. But when I view source code is says it is on the page.

How can this be?

See log in in secured note.

Hey @djinnie,

It is not possible for the content builder to display or output content that was not added. I checked your content and its your 8th section that is hidden in all screen sizes and the text is in there.

If this happens next time, please do try saving your page as a template and remove sections one by one until the issue is removed. That will give you an idea where the text is. Alternatively, you can inspect each of your sections.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Is there a way to easily spot hidden content on my pages? As this is a very time consuming job to check every page on my site for hidden content…

Regretfully, there’s currently no other method to check hidden sections that are hidden in all screen sizes.

Hiding your section from all screen sizes is also a bad practice because the only use case I can think of that you will hide the section in all screen sizes is to do some temporary comparison. I’m sorry if there’s any other case.

If you’re not going to use a section but want to use it for future page building, it is best that you save the particular section as a template and delete it from your page.

I’ll forward your concern as a feature request. Maybe some kind of warning would be feasible or can be taken into account for future developments.

Thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.