Invalid image links created with WP Cost Estimation and Forms builder

Using the WP Cost Estimation and Forms Building. I have it set up so customers can upload images. But when we receive the email, the links are bad and I am redirected to a “Oops you blew up the internet” page. Customers are uploading valid images and it has happened on numerous emails. This problem was not active in the first few months of having the site published, but seems to have become a problem recently.

Note: I am current on all X theme updates.
Emails are sent to a Gmail account and I have no problem receiving the emails.

Hi There @anthonyallen

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try re-generating your .htaccess file and re-test your issue again. Head over to Settings -> Permalinks area, then select the option postname and save the changes to reset your htaccess files.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with the exact steps to replicate this issue (add any screenshots if possible). So that we can look into your issue further. If you need to submit your login credentials, use the secure note option below your posts.

Thanks!

I should note that, I have no problems opening the image links that I personally upload from either my phone or my pc. It’s just my customers - all of them. Not sure why this happens.

At the moment, I have followed your advice and set permalinks to ‘postname’ and saved the changes. I will give you an update as soon as I have a new appraisal request from customer and can verify if the image links are valid.

That didn’t work. I ran a test from a friends phone, it failed to create a valid link.

To recreate the issue, you must fill out the form found on http://www.pawnsh8p.com/appraisal/ and upload an image, then check the mail where the form is sent. Please check the site and see if you can find any issues. If you decide to run a test form submission, I’ll let you know the results after I receive the email.

Hello @AnthonyAllen,

I have logged in and tested the form. I can confirmed that the image is not displaying. No image has been on the display in the form. This could be a bug in the latest release of the plugin. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers of this plugin will be made aware of it.

Thank you for you understanding.

This is a super important problem for us as we get online appraisals daily. We’ve had to get back with customers and request them to upload by email, which is both time consuming and frustrating for both parties - and a potential loss of a client for our pawnshops.
Thanks, look forward to an update.
Cheers!

You’re welcome and please stay tuned. Cheers!

Checking in to keep this thread alive.

Hey Anthony,

No update from the creators of the plugin yet. Rest assured that this has been duly noted.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Anthony,

Regretfully, we can’t reopen this ticket because the issue has already been reported and there is nothing we could do as support staff for this case.

Please stay tuned for WP Cost Estimation plugin updates and you need to test if the issue’s fixed. If the issue’s not yet fixed, the plugin developers could still be sorting out a solution.

Thank you for understanding.

Hey @anthonyallen,

Thanks for updating us that it is the WP PHP Mailer function that is causing the issue and not the WP Cost Estimation and Forms plugin. I’ll add this to our report.