Internet explorer problem | PRO

Hi,
customer tried to edit his website (PRO) with IE 11. Header and Footer are shown but nothing between. No Section or Rows. Empty.
Skeleton Mode is available but an not workable option. What can we do?

Thanks,
Cy.

Hi Cy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks.

did all this. no change. no section, no footer, no header edit possible. see screenshots and secure note
thanks
cy.

Hi Cy,

I can confirm this issue on my IE, and even on my new installation, it’s still the same. For now, please use other browsers when building a page. I also added this to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for looking at ist.

Don´t laugh: It´s not possible not allowed for my customer to use another Browser. No Joke. German law.
I need to solve this really quick, caus they are really anoyed :frowning:

Thanks,
cy.

Hi Cy,

Unfortunately, there is no quick solution but we’ll continue checking. For now, you can restore the site to when it still working, it has to be a full-restore so the Wordpress core would be in its older version too.

Thanks!

Hi Rad, thanks for responding :slight_smile:

there´s not pre-version which was running before. We handed out the Website in the latest versions of WP and PRO.

Best regards,
Christian

Hi Cy,

In that case, we’ll continue checking but again, there is no quick solution and it behaves differently for each user’s IE.

Thanks!

Hi,
do we have any news? Each day the client can´t edit his website, its our time and money…

Thanks,
Cy.

Hi Cy,

This is on our issue tracker and I’ve been checking it too, it’s a bit hard to troubleshoot in IE as it freezes the browser while doing that (developer tool). It’s not the same as other browser where the tools are updated, just opening the IE inspector is quite slow. I’ll forward what I can find to our issue tracker so we could narrow it down once we find something.

Thanks!

Hi @cyrock,

I’m sorry for the delays on this. I’m going to be investigating this in depth tomorrow. We’re a few weeks out from the next release going live so what I might be able to do is make a patched version based on the most recent official release and get that to you. I’ll be in touch when I know more.

Hi Alexander,
thanks for your respond. I am looking forward… Please let me know, when we can work with the pre-version…

Regards,
Christian

Hi @cyrock,

I’m very sorry about the delayed response. I wanted to let you know that the next release we have confirmed will be working correctly with IE11. It’s in beta testing right now. If you want you can opt-in to access the beta by editing your account on the dashboard page. Release Candidate two included some changes in how javascript was loaded resulting in things working again for IE11.

Hello Alexander, hello Themeco-Team!
Thanks for informing me this way. These are good news…

regards,
cyrock

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Works fine for me. Update done with no problems… THANKS guys ‘n’ girls!!

cy.

Thanks for confirming! I’m sorry it took us so long to get you something working. I was hoping it would be a simple patch but it ended up involving some changes that needed to be part of the beta process so we could make sure it didn’t introduce other issues.