Internal error woo commerce checkout page

Hello,

I have troubles with my woo commerce checkout page. Where it was fine a few hours ago it now gives me an internal error. Installed a backup, de-activated all plugins but nothing seems to help.
Any idea what is causing this?

The internal link is on this page.

Hi @marcellos123,

Thanks for writing in! The issue occurred because you’ve used Pro editor in the Checkout page and the checkout shortcode(https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-shortcodes/) should not be wrapped or placed inside another shortcode which is the case if you add it in Cornerstone because it’s made of shortcodes.

I’d recommend that you switch to the default editor for the former checkout page and remove the Pro editor content then insert the WooCommerce checkout shortcode back. Alternatively, you can delete the old checkout page completely (deleted in Trash) then create a new page with the same Checkout title and slug and insert the checkout shortcode. Then, assign it as your checkout page.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,

I am also having the same issue - I followed the advice above (new checkout page and inserting the shortcode into the plain page text editor and not cornerstone) but no luck. The page loaded without the checkout shortcode but as soon as i added the shortcode it stopped loading.

When cornerstone is deactivated the checkout loads fine (however obviously all the other pages look awful!) the following error appears in the error log:

[04-Feb-2019 21:13:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /home/SITENAME/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/checkout/form-checkout.php on line 1
[04-Feb-2019 21:13:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /home/SITENAME/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3778
[04-Feb-2019 21:13:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

It’s weird as it all worked fine but then it randomly broke!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

As stated in your error log. It’s a memory limit issue.

You need to increase your memory limit to at least 512M.
You may contact your host and ask them to increase it or do it yourself using our guide below.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.