Interactive things don't work

Hi, i have some problems.

1. The Countdown doesn’t work (I can not put any date into it, it shows always 000000 in the front)
  2. the accordion icon doesn’t open, only in cornerstone-mode
  3. The testimonial slider doesn’t slide, it shows only the first testimonial
  4. How can i get the icons bigger? The Classic Icon doesn’t do anything, if i put a number in the size field

Hope you can help me to fix these problems.

Best regards
Ronja

Hello Ronja,

Firstly, please double check if you have both X and Cornerstone updated to the latest version. Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

If the issue persists, try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case you are still not able to see the animations, please provide the link to the site in question because when I check the URLs attached to the licenses in your account, the animations on the site seem to work.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade, thanks for your answer. I tried everything but it doesn’t help. The things i wrote still don’t work. See the accordion FAQs, they do not open and everytime i will put a countdown inside, it also doesn’t work. The same with the testimonial slider, thats the reason, why i put three testimonials one after another. Please tell me, what i can do …
I have the problems with this site:

But the strange thing is: I do not have the countdown, testimonial slider for http://texterm.de/
But the accordion work for http://texterm.de/

Best regards Ronja

Hi Ronja

Yes, the testimonial slider is triggering a javascript error which isn’t present on that site. Perhaps you can disable the testimonial slider for now, then add the counter and we’ll check.

Please provide your admin login credentials in the secure note in case we need to directly test it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

ok, i don’t need the countdown at the moment.
But i need the testimonial Slider and the accordion, which should open the questions (it only works in cornerstone modus). Please can you check it directly?

Best regards Ronja

Hello @Ronja_M,

I have logged in and checked your site. Essential Addons for Cornerstone plugin is generating a JS error which affects other elements. Please deactivate this plugin and test your site again.

Best Regards.

Ok, I tried.

Yesterday it worked than, when I reactivate it again. See, the accordion at the end of the page is working now. But now I cannot save anything :frowning:

There is always the quote “Uh Oh! Content failed to save!” on the “Home-Site”

Please help me.

Hi Ronja_M,

It seems the Essential Addons for Cornerstone & Pro plugin is not compatible with the latest version X/Pro theme. You should contact to the plugin author to fix this issue:

Regards!

I deleted the addon. It still doesn’t work. I cannot do anything. Always: “Uh Oh! Content failed to save” …

Hello @Ronja_M,

I have logged in back to your site and created a test page. I was able to save my changes without having any issues. Please check the secure note.

I am guessing that maybe you have inserted some broken html codes or invalid characters into the page that you are editing which is why you encounter the issues. Please check your contents and make sure that you html codes are correct and valid.

Please let us know how it goes.

But i need the “HOME”-Page… I don’t want to create a new page… I found the broken html code and deleted it in the wordpress mode. But if i want again with cornerstone now, it shows me the old page with the broken html code… although the page without the broken html code it online
Update: I duplicate the home site, deleted the broken rows ( in the duplicated site it also worked in cornerstone mode) and put this site now as my home-site … So its working at the moment :slight_smile: Thanks for the help

Hello @Ronja_M,

Editing the Cornerstone built pages with the default WordPress editor will not help. Any of those changes might only get reflected in the front end but when you edit the page back in Cornerstone, only the last saved state of the cornerstone data will display in Cornerstone preview. This simply means that you are not supposed to switched between editors. It might lead to a corrupted cornerstone date which might result to an error or even will no longer allow you to edit the page back in Cornerstone.

I went ahead and edited your homepage. I added an empty section.

Though there were JS errors on the page in the console, I still managed to save my changes. You can check it now. You may removed the section after you can confirm that I have added it.

Just a tip for you to easily check your page while editing in Cornerstone and encounter issues with the preview. You can always use the skeleton mode when editing for faster response and easy access of all the elements in the preview area. This is also helpful especially if one of the sections or elements is not visible or hidden in selected screen size or you may have applied visibility options to a section of element.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.