Integrity, main page (slider?) no more working after update and menu change

Hi there,
after I updated WP, plug ins (also slider) and changed menu my home page ( in x theme, integrity 1 ) does not show itself properly any more. Only header and footer are visible, with no sliding in between over the theme as before.
What should I do?
Many thanks,

Falco

Hi Falco,

Thanks for writing around! Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Let us know how this goes!.

Hi Nabeel,

thank you for your reply. It’s not going well with the slider (which comes with the X - theme). I have no 3rd party plug ins installed or any custom CSS, Javascript, templates. I have the latest updates X - theme 5.2.4. and Revolution slider 5.4.6.3.1…
Since the update the slider is not working any more.
Please have a look and let me know what to do, I send you logins internally.

Many thanks,
Falco

Hi Falco,

1. Upon checking, I can see your home page is set to display latest posts.
    So it will show all your posts which you only have one at the moment.

2. I checked your Home page and there is slider activated

Please refer to the link below for your guide on how to set it up.

1. If you want your Home page to be your homepage, you can set it under Settings > Reading

Hope that helps

Dear Paul,
many thanks for your advice , I could progress a bit and reinstalled the previous version.

1. the slider still shows deactivated but it is activated I believe - correct? (I actually have no chance in changing it as the drop down does not show anything else than deactivated ).
  2. I have a similar problem as in the past now that the footer shows correctly all information , while the header only shows HOME, how can I fix this?
  3. how can I change the background color of the 3 circles please?
  4. how can I replace the stats at the bottom right of the front page with a functioning google map?
  5. how can I link an item on the home page front (text) with an item in another inside page (like services)?

Many thanks,
Falco

Hi Falco,

You got that wrong, you’re looking at the Slider Settings: Above Masthead or Slider Settings: Below Masthead option right? That means you don’t have any feature slider set on your homepage.

You can see if a plugin (Revolution Slider) is active or not on the Plugins panel, not on the page settings.

That is because you did not create or import any revolution slider on your site, I did go ahead and imported a demo slider and that did look good on your homepage.

That is because you enabled the One Page Navigation on your homepage.

screenshot

Deactivate that, and your homepage will get your Primary Menu (your New Menu). You can see or configure your menus under Appearance > Menus.

That is not a background-color, that is a place-holder (temporary) image. Please change that to an actual image.

screenshot

Please open/edit your homepage in Cornerstone, look for those Skill Bar elements, delete it and place a Google Map element on that column instead.

If the map did not show up, please get an Google Map API key from Google.

Creating your Google Maps API Key

You can insert the following code into your text/paragraphs.

<a href="YOUR SERVICES PAGE URL HERE">SOME TEXT LINK HERE</a>

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

Dear Friech,
many thanks for your very thorough answers I will work through.

"The beautiful Webpages " above my web page - is this the slider you downloaded? How can I use it there? It just points to my web page and I cannot leave it there. What shall I do?

Kind regards,

Falk

Hi There,

Yes, that is the demo slider that I imported. You are intended to replace that with your own slider or modify it that its content will fit your site. Either way, you need to learn how to work with the Revolution Slider plugin.

Revolution Slider Documentation

Have a great day,
Cheers!

Hi Friech,

under plugins I have currently installed 5.4.6.3.1. which is a slider - or not? It says slider revolution and Network active (same like Cornerstone).

1. I am not sure why I should use another slider than the currently installed one which came with the theme.(which means just the home page moving over the sea picture - correct?) Where do I find your slider installed at the back end? It shows nowhere. ( I want to keep it as simple as possible as I have no programming experience and just want to create a simple web page (not blogging page).
  2. I wrote an e mail from another account to my e mail: admin@lifetransformingcoaching.co.za - where can I read it now in the system (on the web page?)

Many thanks,
Falco

Hi Falco,

1. Yes, we are talking about one Revolution Slider / Slider Revolution here.

The slider (that I imported) is set on your Homepage, look for the Slider Settings: Above Masthead option and deactivate it.

1. Sorry, but I am confused by your query. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Many thanks Friech.
Regarding 2) my E Mail: I understood that my E Mai for my web page is admin@lifetransformingcoaching.co.za (this came with the hosting option I believe).
If I sent now an e mail from my yahoo account e mail to admin@lifetransformingcoaching.co.za (just to test) where can I read this e mail? (Just in case a client wants to send me an e mail to admin@lifetransformingcoaching.co.za - I have to receive it somewhere).

Kind regards,

Falco

Hi Falco,

Thank you for the clarification, you need to login to your cPanel, please watch this video (skip the email creation since you already have the email).

On your cPanel, look for the Webmail Application and access your email from that.

Your cPanel might not look the same on that video, if this is the case please contact your hosting support and ask how you can access the webmail applications.

Cheers!

Hi Friech,
many thanks for your fast answers.

I have to come back to the text insert to establish a link.
Example: in one of my front page items (home page) , that means in the circle or square (still not populated yet) I write: SERVICES and want that once clicked on that word (which should be displayed underlined in blue color like a link it should lead the visitor to my service page (from the main menu).

1. Where exactly do I have to place the code you wrote h ref…? (it should not be visible to the visitor obviously).
  2. is there a way to avoid to write any coding for these links?
  3. what would be different if I want the visitor just to click on my service box (or circle) from the front page instead of the underlined (linked) word SERVICES within that box / circle ?

Many thanks,

Falco

Hi there,

Regretfully this thread is getting more and more to be complicated and be hard to answer because of the many additional questions asked in one thread. The original questions were something else and I as another support staff had to read all the way down to find out the original question is not related.

For the sake of getting a better support and our other customers being able to search if they have the similar issue please kindly open up a new thread for additional questions.

For more detailed guidelines of the usage of the support forum kindly read this article:

Regarding the last question itself, unfortunately, I did not exactly understand what you mean. Kindly open up a separate thread and give us detailed information with links to proper pages and screenshots to be able to understand the request.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.