Instagram Essential Grid No Longer Working

I too am seeing this and it’s not tied to any specific version of Essential Grid either. I’ve tried v2.1.01, v2.1.02, v2.1.6.1 and they all failed to recognise the username as correct.

So it could be something on Instagram’s end?

i am having the same problem? have created a new test one and still not working has anyone had any luck?

Sorry guys I’m not sure why this hasn’t been responded to yet but I have been in contact with the Essential Grid authors and X staff using a different method.

The problem lays with Instagram’s API and so we’re awaiting ThemePunch to make updates on their end. Once they have released their update the X theme staff have promised to release it to X customers within 24 hours as it’s a pretty crucial bit of kit for a modern style website.

Hope this helps

Yep…Same thing here. Stopped working after the recent upgrade.

I hope Theme Punch fixes it soon cos while I have alternatives they’re just a bit more tedious to set up.

Hi there,

We do not have any specific timeframe to release the bundled plugins. We have mentioned this in details in our bundled plugin article:

There is a whole bunch of detailed process of testing and screening for any possible conflict with the theme and the whole ecosystem which needs time to get done.

We do not promise any timeframe here, surely we will do our best to add the Essential Grid new compatible version with Instagram integration as soon as they release the fix as you all mentioned it is a pretty popular feature.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Looks like Theme Punch just update Essential Grid to 2.1.6.2.

Thanks for your message. We have just updated the plugin to 2.1.6.2 which includes the fix for this. So go ahead and activate the plugin and update it directly on your WP. https://www.themepunch.com/faq/how-to-update-essential-grid/

The balls now in Theme.co’s court to do the integration. Given the admission that it is a “pretty popular feature” it would be nice to know if are we talking days, weeks, or months before this integration is completed. One would think that it wouldn’t take more than a day or two to very long to perform a few regression tests and evaluated the risk of the change by looking at the code diffs, but not promising a time frame on fix for a regression in currently released version of plugin is probably not the right approach. No news is not good news!

I’ll check back to the social media threads I began where I and many others were promised the release within 24 hours seeing as this has crippled many a site including delays in launches.

Hi All,

We’ve just pushed the latest Essential Grid via our automatics update system so you should see that available in your WordPress Admins now.

Thanks!

Unfortunately not - Essential Grid doesn’t provide the Valid redirect URI required to fix this. “The Grid” also requires this hence why there are very few successful instagram feeds running on it.

I can see that I have managed this before using the Alpine instagram phototile plugin before however Alpine provide you with a “Valid redirect URI” which is basically what this is missing. It would be good if we had this information in the knowledge base or this plugin for instagram is still useless :frowning:

Essential Grid - Version 2.1.6.2 Doesn’t appear to fix the problem. Still having the same issue.

Hi everyone,

As we checked the changelog of the Essential Grid plugin update the Instagram integration issue is fixed in this version.

If you guys find another issue which is not related to Instagram feed kindly open up a separate thread and we will be happy to take a look into the case and if needed report back to Essential Grid developers.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher - the instagram issue is not fixed unfortunately.

I have began another thread but unfortunately it hasn’t been responded to because the new version doesn’t play well with the X Theme at all…

The reason it doesn’t work with instagram is because the instructions provided for the new API settings are outdated and mimic that of “The Grid”. A Redirect URl needs to be generated in order for the essential grid to work… and no the localhost.com does not work either and hasn’t for well over a year.

Hope that helps

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. But we did not get any reports like that and all other users reported that the problem is fixed.

Anyway, as you have mentioned a specific problem regarding the API being outdated we need more information regarding this so we can make a thorough report to give the Essential Grid developers.

Would you please kindly give us the links to the section you are referring to regarding the Instagram API and detailed technical description so we can pass it to the Essential Grid developers?

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

Well another person on this thread has said the same since the update…

Could you kindly point me to where you are seeing “other users” who have reported the instagram function as working so as I can seek advice?

Hi, reporting that it is NOT working at all since last update.

Following, I’ve got a broken Instagram feed through Essential Grid on several sites now.

hi, it seems that after all updates, and getting api key from instagram, it appears, it still reports a problem and not showing an instagram feed for us. not sure if this is an essential grid error, or x theme, or us as an end user error implementing it. but… any verifiable essential grid / instagram feed working settings would be great to see.

i do see that essential grid put out another instagram api hot fix here: https://codecanyon.net/item/essential-grid-wordpress-plugin/7563340?ref=themepunch#item-description__
Version 2.1.6.2.1 Artemis (15/16th November 2017)
and the current version installed on my wordpress that does not give notification of any new essential grid updates is: Version 2.1.6.2

Hey @carebridge, thanks for sharing. Once a bundled plugin has an update, we test them out first with our theme and for any compatibility issues. Please stay tuned when the recent update will be released.

Thanks.

1 Like