Instagram embeds not working properly

Hi. My client embeds a lot of images into their posts from instagram. Everything was working fine for them, but since updating to Pro 1.2, the results are inconsistent. They used to simply add the URL within a text element. This works on some posts now and not others (there is no live preview within Pro editor on any, whether they work or not when published).
I set up a new template for them, whereby they added the instagram embed code within a content area – this appeared to be working ok (and providing a live preview of the image also), but we are encountering some instances of the images not displaying on the published posts. It is difficult to replicate this, as the results are sporadic – sometimes they display ok, other times not.
The client has also reported that the Pro editor refreshes whilst they are adding content and takes them back to the post page in the dashboard.

Hey there,

I see you’re using Pro version 1.2.3. Please update to 1.2.4 as it offers improvements to Pro’s performance and other bug fixes. Please follow the best practices in updating your theme and plugins.

Thanks.

No, still not working properly after upgrade. Inline text links are not working as they used to. Embedded links in content areas are working on desktop, but not on mobile. My client is growing increasingly annoyed, as they don’t understand why something that used to work effortlessly is now not working properly. This issue affects a massive amount of the user-added content on the site and I need to find a solution quickly please.

OK, I’ve reverted the live version of the site back to a pre 1.2 version of Pro. What I’ve worked out is that some of the client’s images weren’t displaying correctly because of bad syntax – instagram URLs need to be added on their own line and this was what was inconsistent. User error!

However v1.2> has caused posts to stop displaying instagram images correctly, I’ve attached a link in the private note showing the difference between the live site (v1.1.1) and the version on my staging server (running v1.2.4)

Hi there,

By checking the old version and the new version, the difference is that for the first one it is using the iFrame to pull the info from the Instagram, but for the new version, there is only a link added.

Would you please kindly get back to with the URL/User/Pass of your both site versions using the Secure Note to be able to check how you added those stuff to be able to give you proper suggestion?

Thank you.

Apologies for that, the client has added instagram links using both the simple URL and embed methods. I have now gone back into the two example posts I sent you and tested two different methods.
On the site running Pro v1.1, both the simple URL and embed methods work and display fine on desktop and mobile (although there are some issues with comments on the original instagram post causing the image to not display correctly on mobile).
On the site running Pro v1.2.4, you’ll see the simple URL method does not work at all and the embed method works fine on desktop, but does not display on mobile.

Hi there,

It works when logged in, it could be due to cache but there is no way to confirm it. Try it and log in to your test site and the Instagram images are working. I also tried one of your Instagram code in another page and tested it while not logged-in and it works.

Is this same hosting? You may want to try it in different host just for testing.

Thanks!

Being logged-in isn’t a solution, as I need the images to be visible to all visitors. The live site and test site are using different hosting, but the issue was there before I dialled the live site back to the older version of Pro (i.e. on the other host)

I’ve cleared the cache on my phone and reloaded, the images still aren’t displaying on the test site (Pro v 1.2.4), but they are on the live site (Pro v 1.1.1)

My client has over 100 pages of content, most of which display instagram posts. On the older version of Pro there was never any issue displaying them, but since 1.2, this has caused massive problems and I am under real pressure to get this fixed, with zero budget to do so, as the client should not have to pay for something that was working fine beforehand.

Hey there,

In my test site, I pasted this https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ662WblCej/?taken-at=229433390 in a Text element and it displays as URL in preview and front-end so it looks like there’s no oEmbed support in the Text element anymore. Only the embed code will work but the image won’t display on mobile.

Since this functionality is important to your site, I recommend you stay with Pro v1.1 for the meantime because I will post this to our issue tracker so our development team could be made aware when they go through the list of reports and we need to wait for their comment.

Just adding this information in this thread that oEmbed works in regular WordPress editor.

Thanks.

Thanks. Unfortunately, all of their blog templates are set up in Pro, so the regular WordPress editor isn’t going to help as a workaround.

I’ll keep them on 1.1.1 for now. Will someone update this thread when the issue has been addressed, or do I need to keep an eye on the version tracker?

Hey all, I’ve also tried about 6 different instagram plugins trying to get something to work with our homepage. I’ve found outdated forum topics that have recommended CSS edits and various plugins but none of these worked.

Can someone tell me how to get instagram showing using cornerstone??

staging site: pw.shiftupstrategies.com

@neilandroid

You need to follow our Changelog to keep yourself.

https://theme.co/changelog/

@bikeshopgirl You could use our Addon Essential Grid , it is pretty straighforward to set a Instagram Grid and it looks great. You can add to your page using the Essential Grid Shortcode to a Raw Code Element or using Essential GRID Element

Hope it helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.