Instagram API Issue - The Grid

In my homepage https://moli.se I have a grid made through The Grid plugin.
Since yesterday it stops to work.
After several searches I found that Instagram API has changed and some endpoint have been retired.

So plugin developer (Theme One) have released a new version of plugin and in the changelog it refers to a update of Instagram API.

This can solve the issue.
Can you update extension?

Hello @adverman,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I can confirm the error message you are getting. Upon checking on the internet Facebook has depreciated bunch of Instagram API’s. I can’t give you an ETA on this but can assure you that our developers are working and hope to release updates soon.

Update: We have released update for The Grid Plugin version 2.6.1. I request you to please update The Grid Plugin that will resolve the Instagram API problem.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @Prasant

I was wondering when this update is set for release?

As you can see, we have not received any update to The Grid. Timestamp on screenshot: 10:32AM (MDT).

Thanks,

FBC

Hi there,

Please go to Dashboard > Updates then click on the Check Again button to force check for updates.

Please also note that automatic updates will be available for validated theme.

Thank you.

Hiya,

We’ve been checking all day for the The Grid 2.6.1 update across most of our sites, but we haven’t seen the option to update yet.

Is there an issue? We’ve tried checking for the update with method posted above and still no option to update.

Thank you,
FBC

How did you even update to 2.5.5? Mine still says Version 2.2.0 and cant see any update

@FullBlast and anyone else. I dont know why but this worked for me.

Deactivate the plugin. Refresh and the update will appear. Update then you can reactive it. Im now on 2.6.1

1 Like

Hey Guys,

You may deactivate The Grid plugin first and then do the updates.

Or if you have access to your ftp, login to your ftp, browse to the plugins folder and delete the-grid folder. Go back to your WP dashboard X > Validations > Extensions and re install the Gird plugin again.

PS: please do not delete the grid plugin in your plugins section, Dashboard > Plugins. This might delete the grids you already have created.

Hope this helps.

Update done and now all work fine!
Thank u very much.

You’re most welcome!

Wow, that was a weird fix. Thank you for the tip!

-FBC

You’re welcome.

This seems to be broken again, with no update yet. Does anyone have any other methods to show an Instagram feed that works?

On their demo site does not work… :sleepy:
https://theme-one.com/the-grid/instagram/
Waiting for new update!

Hey guys,

The Instagram API integration was recently changed. There’s no more Instagram API setting under The Grid’s Global Settings. Though a fix has been included in The Grid 2.6.1, I still could not display Instagram feed in my test site so this looks like a bug.

I’ll post this to our issue tracker for further testing. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

Hi!
I’ve seen that Theme-one today dropped an updated version.
Version 2.6.15 – April 9th, 2018

• Updated Instagram API methods

I think we should just wait some time for plugin update notification.

I confirm that issue is solved as we can see on themeone demo sites: https://theme-one.com/the-grid/instagram/
Now it works…
So waiting for theme.co updating… :hugs:

Hi everyone,

The Grid 2.6.15 is now available on automatic updates which fixes the issue about the new Instagram integration.

Kindly update to the latest version.

In case you are not seeing the update, kindly disable The Grid and you should be able to see the update. You can then reenable it after updating.

Update came through (dont forget to deactive the plugin first, thats how i got the update to appear).
Im still getting No content was found for the current ursername(s) and/or hashtag(s). Anyone work out what else needs to be done?

Hey @stephenvz,

The problem most probably is on Instagram’s side and not with the plugins that integrate it. A user here reported that The Grid 2.6.15 worked on his site temporarily and Instagram broke again. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.