Instagram API Issue The Grid / Essential Grid

Hey @crawfordandjohn,

The Instagram API integration was recently changed. There’s no more Instagram API setting under The Grid’s Global Settings. Though a fix has been included in The Grid 2.6.1, I still could not display Instagram feed in my test site so this looks like a bug.

I’ll post this to our issue tracker for further testing. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Great thanks, I’ll await an update :+1:

Steven

1 Like

Stay tuned :slight_smile:

The Grid have just released Version 2.6.15 - just installed and can confirm that’s working okay again now - I haven’t tested Essential Grid though.

Glad to hear that :slight_smile:

Hi Thai,

What about the Essential Grid? I’m having the same issue and recently a couple of weeks ago we had another same case and Essential Grid author released an update which fixed that. I haven’t used Grid. So waiting for Essential Grid to be fixed for Instagram stream.

Here’s a screenshot: http://prntscr.com/j2x9v7

Can you give me any idea if we’ll have a solution shortly or not? Since the Grid is fixed already.
Thanks

Same issue!

“Instagram reports: Please check the settings” being displayed to clients via Essential Grid

Very frustrating!

Hi There,

We’re still waiting for the update from the Essential Grid.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

I’m not sure how else to make sure I get updated messages about this issue, which I am also having, so I am just adding my comment here so I will see updates in my dashboard. Thanks!

The black buttons at the bottom of the thread, next to the blue reply button. You can change it to “Watching”, “Tracking” etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@thai / @christian_y

Sorry to be “that guy”, but it looks like I spoke to too soon…

The new 2.6.15 update for ‘The Grid’ hasn’t fixed the issue. It was working fine just after the update earlier, but now its gone back to the same problem again… I’ve tried re-installing and clearing the cache too.

No content was found for the current ursername(s) and/or hashtag(s).

Steven

Hi there,

I can confirm the case that the issue is not fixed and actually the Instagram API section is not available anymore in the Global Settings > Social API menu.

We got an explanation from the plugin developer that can shed some light:

Instagram have changed its API the 4th April 2018. So, for now, the official API does not support anymore Media endpoints (to get media from users).
The same day, I implemented a new way to fetch content from Instagram. But, few hours ago, this new method was removed from Instagram. That’s the reason of your error message.
Officially, Instagram will not be more acessible in 2020. The process of deprecation of Instagram API has already began. And, Instagram finally removed all the official endpoints (to fetch user media) few hours ago…
In 2020, Instagram will only be available for business profil and from Facebook graph API.
Currently, it’s not anymore possible to get content from Instagram. I will look if there is an alternative but in all cases, It will not be more possible to display content from Instagram in 2020 and certainly before (maybe right now)…
This will affect all plugins/scripts using Instagram API. And, currently all plugins have the same issue.
Thank you for your understanding.

So at the moment, we need to wait till we see how this thing will come up at the end and we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Literally just been reading about the API Change on Stack Overflow… I can’t believe that - crazy!!

Okay, I’ll break the news to my client :joy:

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Steven

You’re welcome, Steven.

Because I have an impending site launch, I decided to search for a working Instagram feed plugin, and I found one: Instagram Feed by Smash Balloon. This plugin is working perfectly, so not all Instagram plugins “have the same issue.”

Thanks for sharing this, Rayna.

Cheers!

In the developers note it say that business profile API are still available. So could we still use Instagram with essential grid to get business profiles?

Hello There,

It maybe possible but that would be in year 2020. This is because of Instagram revoking access to the media endpoints. Any plugin that works up to this date might no longer works in the days to come because of the API changes.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.