Insert video lightbox in button

Hello, my site url is http://pacify2dev.wpengine.com/#Meet-Pacify.mp4

I want to insert a button onto my homepage that opens a lightbox playing a video. I have tried a number of different threads on this issue but nothing has worked so far. Currently, I’ve tried the following code in a RAW Code Element, which just opens an empty lightbox:

[button class=“btn-lightbox” href="

Meet Pacify from Pacify Health on Vimeo.

" title="A Video" lightbox_video="true"][icon type="play-circle"]See Pacify in Action[lightbox selector=".btn-lightbox"][/button]

There are two buttons there, one is an element that currently links to nothing, and one is the raw code. Please help!

Thanks!

Hey there,

Thanks for writing around! Please use this sample code for a video lightbox using a button:

[button class="videoLightbox" type="real" shape="square" size="mini" href="//player.vimeo.com/video/84751465" title="Example"]Square Button[/button]

[lightbox selector=".videoLightbox" opacity="0.875" prev_scale="0.75" prev_opacity="0.75" next_scale="0.75" next_opacity="0.75" orientation="horizontal"]

Change the video link and other attributes as per your need.

Cheers!

Thank you for getting back to me. I have tried that code and I continue to get a blank white box when I click the button.

I’ve tried inserting both the link (“https://vimeo.com/pacifyapp/meetpacify”)

and the embed code ("

Meet Pacify from Pacify Health on Vimeo.

")

and neither seems to work.

Hi again,

Make sure to add the above code in Classic Raw Content element and it should work as expected. I tested in my local setup and it works fine.

Let us know how this goes!

Thank you, that worked! I was pasting in the wrong embed code.

Last question, how do I change the background color of the button, text margins, etc.?

Nevermind, I figured that out! Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Glad all is working now.

Cheers!

Sorry, two more questions:

1. How do I change the scale of the lightbox when it pops up? I’d like it to be smaller.

2. Is there a way to make the video play automatically upon clicking the button, rather than having to press play?

Thanks again!

Hi there,

Would you mind providing the login of your page (authentication popup)? I can’t access your page as of this moment.

Thanks!

I’ve added it as a secure note to my previous comment. Thank you!

Hi there,

To autoplay the video, please try this instead:

[button class="videoLightbox" type="real" shape="square" size="mini" href="//player.vimeo.com/video/84751465?autoplay=1" title="Example"]Square Button[/button]

Then also add this code in the custom CSS:

.ilightbox-holder div.ilightbox-container {
    width: 800px !important;
    height: 600px !important;
}

Thank you! Also, how do I align the lightbox centered? I’ve tried text-align: center, but that hasn’t worked.

Thanks!

Hi There,

No, you cant center that with text-align: center because that is positioned as absolute, please add this to Theme Options > CSS instead.

.ilightbox-holder.light {
	left: calc(50vw - 400px) !important;
	top: calc(50vh - 300px) !important;
}

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Perfect, thank you so much!!!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.