Inline editor?

Have the same issue as: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/no-inline-editing/38688/4

Why do you not release a product that works everywhere? only specific elements, release when it’s done instead. Can’t see it or any other features you´re talking about.

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Copy paste answer, I found them but not many new features and inline is not applied to many elements.

But according to another ticket of mine you should have a header builder search function now? To search for each header? Can not see that one. It’s very annoying not being able to have a search there :slight_smile:

Hey @bracas,

The Inline Editing is a feature connected to the expandable text option so it’s only available to elements that has that option. With that said, this is not available to all Classic Elements.

Regarding header builder search, yes, it’s already available. When you click on the Elements tab, a search box would appear.

Hope that helps.

Hey yes saw that.

Search for header not within a header. I want to be able to go to the overview and search for headers to edit. That’s what is very strange you have not considered to add. It’s in the content builder and use it a lot.

Hello @bracas,

Option to search for header and footer under respective builder is not there as of now. I took a look at the previous ticket you created regarding the same in which my colleague @Rad has added the feature request into our issue tracker for our developers to take a look.

Thanks.

Thanks but was informed it was added that’s why. But unfortunately it was not :slight_smile:

Hi Bracas,

Are you referring to this thread?

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/please-add-search-function-to-header-builder/37262

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I believe Alex is referring to the same Element Search that Christian showed above.

This feature is not requested often because normally a site only has a couple of headers/footer, so search function is not really useful in this case.

I believe you have a lot of headers (maybe one header per page?) that is why you need a header search function, but that is not an efficient workflow, Imagine if you change your logo, then you’ll go through each of those headers to change it, what more if it is a header redesign. Then you’re going to edit all of those headers again? Unlike, if you only have one or couple of headers it would be much easier.

Hope this makes sense.
Cheers!

We have one for each sites since the whole header image and intro is built in header. So yes it is useful, have you asked how your users is using it?

Another thing since we and another known users are would be to have a global navigation. So this is global and the header block below can be customized on each level. That would save time if for any reason the navigation design wants to be changed.

Yes but this is since I can not built what I can with page builder this is the reason. Now you added more. But we have header full width then a boxed content block. This combination is not possible without this setup.

No it’s not very efficient workflow but it looks great and was the solution back then. You should consider creating global navigation so I can only pick global block for navigation and then edit that in global blocks or somewhere else and keep the rest as it is.

I think you have to ask how your customers are using your product. The issue is the navigation the issue is not the header. Same as you would edit a page you have to do it for all pages if need. But same edit yes we have to do on all. But everything has classes that I can tweak in pure CSS if needed.

But think about what I wrote above, global navigation and you take the header builder to the next level for the users.

Hi Bracas,

Thank you for the clarification, now I understand why you set up the site as one header per page.

We certainly appreciate the feedback! I’ve added this as a feature request so it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive.

Have a nice day,

Great, Many thanks!

Yes that I understand, but it’s good to listen to the customers to develop the product. But I understand I’m not the only one with requests. :sunglasses:

Yes, we always do. Feedbacks is greatly appreciated and we hope to try and address each of your points in as much detail as possible as it helps us to make PRO better and better.

Have a great day,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.