Infinite Scrolling

How do I enable infinite scrolling on my posts?

Hello @morebusinesscom,

Thanks for writing in!

You can take a look at infinite scrolling feature offered by Jetpack.

Thanks.

So to clarify: X theme does not have infinite scrolling and I need to install Jetpack to enable it for my site’s posts. Is this correct?

Yes, correct. Thanks!

Could you clarify exactly what I need to do to get this working? Jetpack’s website shows this but doesn’t have an example for X theme: https://jetpack.com/support/infinite-scroll/

Hi there,

As this is a third party plugin, we won’t be able to provide much information due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

But to get you started, you might want to check out these link found in our KB:

The link you have provide from Jetback mentioned about the adding the code in the functions.php which should be found in the child theme’s directory.

Also, this feature has been added to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive. Thanks!

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks, but this isn’t very helpful. When I posed other questions, your team provided very specific instructions like “add this CSS code on this page” and it worked. Ideally, I (and probably many of your customers) would love to see an option for infinite scrolling in posts built into the theme itself.

I mean, saying “use Jetpack” and then saying “sorry we can’t help you configure it” isn’t really helpful. Could you provide me with a little more direction here since you suggested that I use Jetpack?

1 Like

We don’t have instructions for setting up third party plugins. Please refert to Jetpack’s documentation or contact Jetpack support.

Thanks