Inconsistent Spacing On Home Page Masonry Grid

Hi,

I’m hoping it doesn’t turn out I’ve made some CSS change in the past that are causing this (mea culpa in advance if I have), but on initial load, the Masonry grid on my home page (http://www.thervgeeks.com) doesn’t have consistent vertical spacing between items in the grid… the further down the page you go, the larger the space.

If you resize your browser window, it corrects itself and everything spaces evenly.

Any thoughts on something I could do to fix this?

Thanks!

UPDATE: Turning off all of the plugins led me to figuring out what the problem was: JetPack Lazy Loading of images… which makes sense, since the Masonry grid must have run before the images loaded, which affected the spacing. With JetPack Lazy Loading turned off… VOILA! It worked! Thanks to everyone for their help!

Hi @RVgeeks,

Upon checking your website, I could see that you’ve updated the Cornerstone plugin to the latest version(v3.5.4) but not updated the X theme yet.

Please update X theme to the version 6.5.5 as well.

Here is the update guide:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks, @thai! That mismatch between Cornerstone and the X theme is because upgrading to X v6.5.5 broke my video format posts… instead of displaying the video, it showed an iFrame of the 404 error page (see this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/x-v6-5-6-breaks-video-embeds-on-video-post-type/58551/6 ).

If it makes a difference, I was having this problem BEFORE upgrading (and then downgrading) X… so it’s not necessarily related to the X-and-Cornerstone version mismatch (plus I don’t use Cornerstone on my site… I’m still using WPBakery Page Builder).

Thanks!

Hi @RVgeeks,

This issue only happens on version 6.5.6 of X theme. Could you please upgrade your X theme to the version 6.5.5?

I’ve attached the zip file of version 6.5.5 under Secure Note.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, @thai! v6.5.5 does, indeed, seem to fix that problem! I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the release notes on v6.5.7 to see if the issue with v6.5.6 is addressed before updating! :wink:

Glad to hear it’s working fine now :slight_smile:

Woops! Actually, @thai… I thought this had to do with a different support topic I have open, about the video post types not displaying the YouTube video at the top of a post page. v6.5.5 fixes that (thanks!), but I still have the issue with the inconsistent spacing on my Masonry Grid on my home page.

So if you have any additional thoughts on that… I’m all ears! Thanks!

Hello @RVgeeks ,

Please follow up the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thanks, @thai! I’ll give that a shot… but I just put up a post and have some traffic on the site I don’t want to interrupt right now. I’ll give both options a test once things settle down. Should be sometime next week (I hope).

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.