InboundPro Landing Pages

Hello,

Thank you for this wonderful builder and theme. It’s made a big difference for us, great work!

We utilize a plugin called InboundPro and we’re having a small problem with the Cornerstone Builder and one of the post types Inbound Pro creates (landing pages, specifically).

What happens is the builder appears to work, but the content doesn’t appear on the served page. The developer of InboundPro is not sure what the problem is but would like to chat with you to fix it. May I pass you his email / or pass yours to him?

Best,
Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Example of a problem page:

https://mercury.one/go/hudson-test/

Hi Joshua,

I am seeing this error:
(index):1 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://mercury.one/go/hudson-test/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'http://mercury.one/wp-content/plugins/inbound-pro/core/shared/shortcodes/js/spin.min.js'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Let’s fixed that first. A third party plugin is loading a library that is not secure. Then clear cache on your WP rocket after that. Let us know how this goes.

Lely,

That error is unrelated to the problem at hand.

Could I please ask that someone from Apex contacts the InboundPro developer?

This page throws the same error but the builder works.

They are waiting for your response, this error is larger than an HTTPS error. This is specific to the interaction between the Inbound Landing Page custom post type and the Cornerstone builder.

Could someone please trust me and reach out to the developer as requested?

Joshua

Hello.

I’m just curious if there is an update? Does support always have a 24 hour response time?
I’ve purchased quite a few licenses from you so this is a little disappointing.

Thank you
Joshua

Hi there,

First of all sorry for our late reply. We are a little bit of busy for the next release of the theme. The back and forth may take 24/48 hours depending the influx of the threads.

I checked your website and saw the issue for the Landing Pages post type. It seems the Case Study post type is added manually and working correctly.

Please kindly consider that we do not officially support 3rd party plugins compatibility other than the ones we listed in our official document:

Our developers are now super busy with the new release of the theme and I can not promise any contact in a timely manner. But we will inform our development team regarding this.

Please kindly provide us with the contact point of the Inbound Pro developers using the Secure Note functionality of the post.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you very much.

I have setup a second test server with just your theme (pro) and the landing page plugin.

You can see here that the builder is not showing any of the content:
http://s23668.p666.sites.pressdns.com/go/test-landing-page/

I really appreciate your assistance with this. As you can see from my account I have purchased quite a few licenses and intend to continue doing so en mass.

Best

Hi there,

I can verify all of these, but one thing for sure, cornerstone utilizes the the_content() which is standard for Wordpress. Which only means, that your landing page or template doesn’t utilize the same the_content(), or perhaps, the output from the_content() is completely replaced by your landing page, or the shortcodes are stripped out.

I’m not sure how cornerstone should be setup other than the_content(), it’s because it’s the standard of all post types.

And upon investigation, the InboundPro uses its own editor (other than Wordpress’s standard editor) and it varies on each landing page template. Example, if you choose “Svbtle” template, it will then display two types of editor.

It will be the conversion content and the main content editor.

If you choose “Current Theme Template”, it will then display just the conversion content since the template is just a form.

In summary, you can’t use cornerstone with that setup because it’s only tied up and integrated into Wordpress’s default editor and integrated to the_content() as output. Unless they are going to change their template and output its content through the_content().

Thanks.

Thank you very much for the insights and review. We will continue with this information. Best

You’re most welcome.

Hello,

It looks like the problem is that Cornerstone overwrites the post_content outside of the normal hooks using AJAX. Landing Pages misses this update call and does not set the new cornerstone shortcodes into the variation content settings object like it does with traditional content data.

Would it be possible to add a do_action hook to class-save-handler.php that will allow them to ‘read’ the post_content during a conerstone save and ‘store’ it into the correct variation content setting value?

If not do you have another suggestion?

Thanks

Hi there,

If cornerstone overwrites the post_content, then it should display the cornerstone content instead of your landing page. Plus, the_content() is the wrapper of post_content but with filters. So yes, cornerstone should overwrite the post_content but it’s not even happening on those pages.

And the more I think it, it will not really work since your post types and land pages doesn’t even utilize the Wordpress default editor. And cornerstone is only applicable for Wordpress default editor, not to any editor added by a plugin.

And it’s not do_action(), it’s apply_filters(), like mentioned before the_content() is a wrapper for post_content where filters are being called. Which means, if your plugin doesn’t even utilize Wordpress default editor and the_content(), then it’s no use if you use do_action() nor apply_filters().

The only solution is to make the plugin use the default editor and add the_content() function in their landing pages. You can’t do the shortcut and call post_content because the shortcode processing happens within the filters.

Thanks.

Hi @iam,

This is Hudson Atwell filling in for Joshua. Love the support section. Looks great. I’m working on getting something similar setup for Inbound Now.

I can make the integration for cornerstone work with the variations system, I just need to intercept the Cornerstone AJAX save so I can store the cornerstone content (shortcodes) into my variations object. I’m having a tough time finding where to hook into that save process though. Do you think you could guide me?

The way I’m currently building the variations object is through the save_post (https://github.com/inboundnow/inbound-pro/blob/master/core/landing-pages/classes/class.metaboxes.php#L44) hook, but it seems to be missing the Cornerstone content. Which makes me think I need to hook directly into the AJAX save process of the Cornerstone builder.

Kind regards,
Hudson Atwell

Hi there,

The cornerstone data is saved in _cornerstone_data (post_meta), hence, you may use meta data hook (eg. https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/16835/how-to-hook-update-post-meta-and-delete-post-meta ). And from that data, cornerstone generate the raw shortcode and save it in post_content. And you may hook on save_post as well, but make sure the priority is about 9999 to make sure the post_content is first updated from Cornerstone’s generated content before doing anything with post_content.

But I don’t understand the variation you’re trying to implement, I can’t tell if it’s doable or not.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.