Importing Templates error

Hello Support,
I create a template - download it - then when i go to another website with the same theme - i import the recently downloaded template file (Name.tco) and it doesn’t work - i get an error saying - sorry you file is not properly formatted

Any idea what is going wrong?

I need this feature to work because I am using the same page templates across each clients site - each client has the X theme…

I look forward to your reply.

Many thanks,
Christian

Hello Christian,

Thanks for posting in! This usually happens when you are timed out. ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Please also make sure that your PHP time limit and file upload size is decent enough.

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Hey,
i am working with PRO in a multisite installation.
And i need to import some header/footer templates that i exported from site “master”.

Just to let you know that template import fails if you do not activate the theme on child sites also.

That is understandable.

But he problem that needs fixing on the code itself is the “error message”, it should say, “please activate theme before import” instead of “sorry your file is not properly formatted”.

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to try and address your points in as much detail as possible as it helps us to make X and PRO better and better.

Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.