Importing demo

I imported demo for Integrity 7. However, it contains only a part of what we can see on your demo page. For example, it doesn’t contain team page (http://demo.theme.co/integrity-7/pages/team/), about page (http://demo.theme.co/integrity-7/pages/about/), pricing and a couple of others. Why is that? I am having very hard time recreating elements used on a demo page. For example content of team page. Am I wrong to say that they were created using manually crafted shortcodes, edited inside the “content” element from Cornerstone and requires sophisticated knowledge?

I read the guidlines for demos: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-demo-content/56. But it doesn’t explain why You don’t include team page in the demo. If the problemem was in the images, You could just use pure black images.

Hi There,

I can confirm that the team, about pages aren’t included in the Integrity 7 demo content.

But you can simply create the team, about pages using the custom headline, promo and skill bar elements:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Skill bar? There is a social bar, which I don’t find in cornerstone elements. And even if they are - I don’t think there is a way to insert any elements into classic promo? You have to code it manually, using complex shortcodes (without any generator). In this case the team page and social bar probably consists of a couple of separate icons, which change color after being highlighted, and links attached?

“The standard demo content is meant to be used as a way to quickly set up the framework or structure of your site, making it quick and easy for you to swap out images and text with your own material.”. This is just not true, when more then half of the demo has not been imported, without any good reason (no violation of any rights).

Another problem, I used [x_icon type=“facebook”] and it doesn’t look like on Your page: http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/icons/. It looks like facebook-square. Another problem, I added “alt” for “classic image” and image inside “classic promo” and they both don’t work when image is highlighted.

Hi @p.gumulka

I’m not really sure about the reason for not including these pages in the demo, will make sure to pass this one onto the team for further investigation.

For now, you can add this code snippet and modify it as you like in “Content” section in “Promo element”:

<div class="x-promo-content">
<h5 class="mtn">Hansel <small>| The Chairman</small></h5>
<p>Founder of the company and all around great guy. You can find him on his days off planning the next big thing.</p>
<p>  <a class="x-btn x-btn-block" href="#email" title="" data-x-element="extra" data-options="thumbnail: ''" data-original-title="Connect on LinkedIn"><i class="x-icon x-icon-linkedin-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf08c;" aria-hidden="true"></i>| Connect</a>
  </p><hr class="x-gap" style="margin: 25px 0 0 0;">
  <a href="#facebook" title="Like Hansel on Facebook"><i class="x-icon x-icon-facebook-square" style="text-align: center;margin: 0 0.25em; font-size: 1.5em;" data-x-icon-b="&#xf082;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a><a href="#twitter" title="Follow Hansel on Twitter" style="outline: none;"><i class="x-icon x-icon-twitter-square" style="text-align: center;margin: 0 0.25em; font-size: 1.5em;" data-x-icon-b="&#xf081;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a><a href="#googleplus" title="+1 Hansel on Google"><i class="x-icon x-icon-google-plus-square" style="text-align: center;margin: 0 0.25em; font-size: 1.5em;" data-x-icon-b="&#xf0d4;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a><br>
</div>

Things to be changed in the code above are:

• x-icon-facebook-square class name, and its font-awesome unicode data-x-icon-b="&#xf082; you can get a full list of these social icons along with their codes from this file:
    /x/framework/functions/frontend/social.php

• For the Facebook icon, I can reproduce the same issue so I’ve reported this issue to our dev team for further investigation, at the moment I don’t know whether this is going to be fixed or not and when it will get fixed, our dev team is working hard to set the priorities to investigate issues, fix bugs and introduce new features according to the roadmap.

• For the image alt text issue, this isn’t accurate, as I checked and I found that the alt text is there in the code:

However, it’s the title attribute that you are missing and this is a WordPress issue in first place, you can check this guide for more details about this issue:

Thanks.

Thank you for a reply. It confirms what I suspected. Xtheme demo page is built using elaborate coding, not theme options and tools, like cornerstone. In that case, it is not a demo of your theme, but a demo of smb coding skills.

Hey @p.gumulka,

Sorry for the confusion here. You do not need code to replicate the Team page. Using V2 elements, you’ll only need 1 simple CSS rule-set for the button spacing. Please watch this screen recording to see the setup demo. Pause and play or slow the playback down if you find the video fast.

Thanks.

Thx for the effort. I know how to add image, text and facebook icons. I don’t know how to make them all look like http://demo.theme.co/integrity-7/pages/team/. Your video is nowhere near the demo. Icons are different and not higlighted. Most of all: all the elements are not inside a promo. It is easy to add separate elements. It is hard to put one element inside the other, and you did that in many places in the demo. Suggesting that your theme supports this elements, while it doesn’t.

Hello @p.gumulka,

Thanks for updating the tread.

I would like to clear regarding demo content pages as while going through the thread I noticed and seems there was some confusion.

Please note that X Theme offers 2 variant of demo contents, Standard and Expanded. Integrity falls under Standard demo family. Primary difference between standard and extended demo is that when you import standard demo it will setup the structural layout of the homepage that includes placeholder content along with relevant customizer settings, you won’t get inner pages like about or team page.

On the other hand upon importing expended demo content it will not only setup your homepage and Customizer settings for you, but it will also import all images used in the demo itself, all pages, posts, widget areas, menus, et cetera. In a nutshell, you will receive a completely finished site design, creatives and all with the click of a mouse. You can take a look at standard and expanded demo at: https://theme.co/x/demos/

You can learn more in following article:

Next, I watched the video that my colleague @christian_y shared in his reply. Please note that the purpose of the video was to help you get started and give you some direction. Getting the exact team page layout will require designing the layout in Cornerstone which you need to look into. In that regards I suggest you to make necessary changes in the team page of your website to mimic demo team page layout.

Thanks.

As You can see in my first post, I read the guidelines. I even quoted them later: “The standard demo content is meant to be used as a way to quickly set up the framework or structure of your site, making it quick and easy for you to swap out images and text with your own material.”.

“Getting the exact team page layout will require designing the layout in Cornerstone” - that is the whole point. You can’t make this layout in cornerstone. It requires specific coding, expertise beyond cornerstone options for a regular user. For example: you cannot insert social element into the promo element. And the imported demo covers about 30% of the real demo. So it is not only “swaping images and text with my own material”, as adverstised.

Another quote: “It should be noted that standard demo content may not look exactly like our demo websites for numerous reasons. One of the biggest reasons for this is the fact that much of our content is either created by us directly or licensed specifically to us, so it is not available for redistribution (i.e. images, videos, et cetera).” How does it explaing the lack of 70% of the demo, for example team page?

Hey @p.gumulka,

We understand your point also your frustration that is why I showed you that it can be achieved in Cornerstone. It just needs to be polished. You however, require that elements need to be placed inside the Promo content and achieve the exact demo which would take longer to demonstrate and would require the use of shortcodes which is like manual coding.

There’s no plans to include the sub-pages to the demo import. Not sure how we can be of help as support staff since you won’t accept the method I’ve showed you.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.