Imported footer template problems

Hi,

I have just saved a footer template from one site to import into a new site. the imported css shows in theme options but it isn’t having any effect on the footer

I’ll add a link in the section below

NB! the only caching is WP Rocket and that is being cleared regularly. I also have cleared the Pro style cache

Hello @scotbaston,

Thanks for posting in!

After import any template for example a footer, you will need to go to Pro > Footers and then create a new footer. Assign the newly created footer globally or to specific pages. You will then have to edit the footer and must load the footer template into this newly created template.

Hope this make sense.

I did all that RueNel…

the details below show the problem… specifically the paragraph bottom margin

Hi Scot,

I have checked the page source and I can confirm that your custom CSS rule is not outputted to your page’s X generated CSS rules. Most probably your problem is still causing due to a caching issue.

Could you please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

In setting up the user access, I had a brain wave… and yup this was a PICNIC issue (Problem in Chair, not in Computer)

Sorry for the hassle, it turns out I was looking at the css on the wrong site!!

although it would be good if when a template is saved (& imported) into a new site that the css also comes along for the ride… which did not happen in this instance. Is that normal?

Hey @scotbaston,

Yes that is normal. The css is not included in the template. The custom css is for a template to template only. Only element inline css will be included.

Regards.

Ok, that is good to know… if a little frustrating

thank you for your help

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.