Imported blog posts no longer editable in Cornerstone

Hi,
I exported my blog posts from a previous Wordpress installation and imported them into a new Wordpress installation with a new web host.

The blogs are all showing properly when viewed, but when I go to edit the posts in Cornerstone, some of the blog pages are empty with no sections or content showing. It just shows the title and comments section.

When I look at the Visual and Text tabs in Wordpress the content is there.

I do know that if you edit a page or post that was previously created in Cornerstone using the Text or Visual editor you lose Cornerstone compatibility. However, I have not edited these blog posts with anything other than Cornerstone.

Has something gone wrong during the export/import process?

I’d say about 90% of the pages that I exported and then imported I can no longer edit in Cornerstone.

Cheers,
Col

Hi There,

I believe there is something wrong with the content export and import. I would like to suggest you refer the migration best practice of cornerstone data from one site to other.

Hope this helps!

That doesn’t really help me, as I know how to migrate a website. I use UpdraftPlus.

In this instance I was simply moving blog posts from one Cornerstone site to another, not migrating a whole website and so I had to export the blog posts using the WordPress export tool.

Something has happened when I’ve imported the blog posts that means I can no longer edit my blogs in Cornerstone. Is there any way that I can reverse this problem?

I do not have access to the site that the blogs originated from.

Hi There,

If either of the blog site (source or destination) is not on Pro 2.0 or higher or X 6.0 or higher then WordPress import/export system is not going to work, you need to go back to the originating blog site and save all your posts as cornerstone template (.csl) instead and upload it to your new blog site.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.