Import Additional Icons into Pro

Hey Guys,
I know Font Awesome comes packaged with Pro, but if you’re wanting to import in additional icons to be used in the Header Builder, how would I accompIish this? I know I can set the individual icons per menu item, under Appearance - Menu, but how would I display the new icons? Thanks!

This is an automated message to notify you that your thread was posted in the wrong forum, and it has been moved to the correct place. A member of our team will be happy to reply just as soon as your thread is up. How support works.

For support, please post all questions in the Support Forum.

For peer to peer conversations with other Themeco customers about tips, customizations, or suggestions you are welcome to use the Peer to Peer (no official support provided here).

For Design & Development, Marketing & Media, and Hosting & Optimization discussions you are welcome to use the General Forum to discuss with fellow Apex members about non Themeco related topics. Please keep this in mind in the future.

Thank-you!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in! In that case then you wont be adding your custom icon as FontAwesome but an Image instead. In Pro you can either use fontAwesome icon or an Image on your menu.

screenshot

Thanks,

Hi Friech, Thank you for your response. This was the method that I initially tried, but I was still seeing the Icon Primary. I found a response from @kevinb, where he was replying to another issue and this resolved the issue for me. Thanks Kevin and Friech for your help.

“Adding icons to menus is a 2-step process. You first need to enable a graphic in the menu > top links setting. Then you will need to set the icon you want in the WP menu editor. You’ll notice new fields in the menu item config for icon/image primary and secondary. If you want to use an icon set it in the icon field. Primary is for the normal state, secondary is for the hover state. The icons are just listed by name and don’t have the icon shown. The image field is used if setting an image instead of a icon. You’ll need to provide a path to the image you want to use.”

Yup, that’s right. Thank you for elaboration.

Cheers!