Images show in cornerstone but not in site

Hi Support Team

I have inserted an image from my Media Library within a Content Area element and I can see the image in Cornerstone but it disappears when I load the page on the front end.

If I manually edit the src and replace it with the img url then it works on the front end but then if i exit edit mode and re-enter the content area it automatically switches back to the original src which then fails to load again.

Any clues?

Cheers

Hello Cham,

Thanks for posting in! Do you have jetpack plugin installed? Please disable the Site Accelerator option in Jetpack and test your site again.

If nothing is working, please provide us some access of your site by adding the credentials in a secure note in your next reply. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Cheers.

Hi @RueNel

So I figured out that the images weren’t showing because when I insert the image in the content area the src becomes src="…/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/image.png" whereby the “…/” takes the the current URL, then adds wp-content/uploads/2019/01/image.png, which is the wrong URL to the image because it isn’t prefixed by the current URL.

After correcting to the URL, I also noticed that these images loaded after the text on the front end like a two step process rather than at the same time.

I’ve worked my way around this now by splitting the text and imgs into separate sections. Doing it this way fixes the img problem as well as the staged loading on the front end.

Thanks for your help nevertheless!

Cheers

edit: P.S. I don’t have jetpack plugin

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.