Images not appearing on backend

I am having an issue with images not appearing in the backend of Safari (using the latest version of Pro and Safari).
The images do appear on the backend when I use Chrome however.
I have cleared all cache from the web server and also the cache of Safari.
I even tried a “Private Window” in Safari (to avoid any possible caching issues).
Same result (no images in backend).

Everything on the frontend is fine (with Chrome). This makes it difficult to adjust many things (Font size, image size, etc).

Any help would be appreciated.
Here is a link to images that reference what I am talking about.

Thx in advance for any help.

Hi @XSO,

Thanks for writing in!
As we don’t have access to your website, can’t confirm what exactly the issue could be.
Would suggest you the following troubleshooting to check if that helps.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
    Set it as Secure Note
  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Thx for the reply
I have performed all of the above steps and the issue persists
I have attached the requested info in a secure note

Hi There @XSO

Upon testing, it seems that your issue related to A2 Optmized plugin. Since you’re already using a caching plugin, I have disabled it temporarily and then I was able to edit your pages using Pro content builder.

Could you please test it on your end and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

I apologize.
I provided the incorrect website.
Please find the correct site attached in a secure note.

As I stated in the OP, I can see and edit the page in the backend on Chrome.
Safari is the only browser I have an issue with (unable to see the images using the backend editor).

—EDIT—

I did see a few images for a moment on the “About” page (in Safari) of the site listed in the secure note below.

Hi @XSO,

I just checked the about us page in the builder within my Safari browser and it works just fine. Images are displaying okay.

Have you tried it on another device?

Thanks!

@Rad I don’t have another device (running Safari) to test it on unfortunately.
I cleared all of my cache in Safari and still get the same result.
The images appear momentarily, but are then replaced with the little pic icons.

I understand that this is probably more of a “Safari” specific issue, but could you offer any suggestions … ?

Thx

Hello @XSO,

There could be a Safari extension that does the issue. Could make sure that there aren’t Safari Browser extensions running? If the images appears in Chrome, Firefox and Opera, then this issue is between Pro and the latest Safari version. Could you please provide us your Safari build version along with your OS?

Thank you.

Thank you so much for your suggestion.
I had an extension called “TamperMonkey”, upon disabling it, the images load perfectly.

Issue solved.

Glad to head that, we are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.