Images 2 Columns wide on mobile

Greetings all at Themeco,

I am trying to get images to be 2 columns wide on mobile.

I currently have 3 columns for desktop and then shrinks to 2 on tablet/mobile. I would like to keep it as 2 on mobile as there is a lot of images that my client would like to keep across all devices. I have viewed a few similar questions in the forum and tried altering the codes given but with no success.

A sample page I am working on with the rows setup is https://delcon.net.au/portfolio-2/

Thanks for the help
:thumbsup:

Hi There,

I could see that you’ve setup 3 columns in a row in desktop version.

Since you’re using multi row of images so they can’t be 2 columns on mobile, it will look like this:

I recommend you to use the Essential Grid or The Grid extension instead:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response @thai,
I thought that might have been the case so I have created new rows only visible under 979PX wide with 2 columns per row.

Please visit https://delcon.net.au/portfolio/ to see this, only sections 15 and 59 are setup this way.

I had set it up with Ess. Grid but was having trouble with consistent loading across different browsers.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Jason,

That worked too, but it can be more tedious than using the Ess. Grid or The Grid plugin.

I notice there are JS error on your site, try removing all your custom JS and see if that improves the performance of Ess. Grid.

Thanks,

Thanks @friech! I will try removing the JS and see how it goes.

I have removed the JS and some addition code from my functions.php file cleared my browser cache.
The page loads once on Safari fine but if I go to a different page and navigate back to the portfolio page it doesn’t load the final 2 sections. I know this is the same in Internet Explorer.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Jason,

I checked your grid on three different browsers and it loads fine on my end.

Can you provide us screenshots on how it looks in your end.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.