Image sizing defaults don't appear to be sane

Heyo

I’m trying to determine if I’m understanding the builder interface with Pro. Namely with these “fancy” new elements. From what I can tell the basic css elements are far from comprehensive. Observe as I try to stick a new “image” element into my bottom headerbar. It immediately breaks out of the container.

As there’s no way for me to use the builder interface and delegate a maximum-height of 100% (percents aren’t even an option for any setting!) I’m having to dig through an inspector, find a useful and hopefully unique CSS class/ID and then head to the header CSS to coerce this image into respecting its container.

Why is this the default behavior of image elements. If I’m failing to find it, what strange interface do I have to find to just use the builder for something so simple? Why do these “fancy” new elements lack the ability to assign classes to them to simplify this sort of stupidity?

Hi,

Looking at your screenshot, I can see you have set your bar to have a fix height.
Please set height to auto so the height of your bar will grow based on the height of the elements inside it.

For elements, you can add a class under customize tab

For more information kindly refer to the link below

Hope this helps

1 Like

I ended up resizing my image to a more suitable size instead. I will try out your tips today! Otherwise, thanks for responding to my snarky message.

I feel like this may be more of an issue with Wordpress than Pro.

I noticed that when I insert an image, it appends size attributes directly on the image tag. I really feel like wordpress shouldn’t do this. Maybe there’s a workaround somewhere.

Hello There,

When you insert an image, it defaults to “Scaling” setting. You will need to set to “Standard” so that you can set the width of the image.

Hope this helps.

I also cannot change image dimensions. The Setup type toggle (standard and scaling) seems to be missing in the Footers builder. Under Setup I only have the width and max width sliders to play with, which only change the width of the image container not the width of the image itself. Toggling the Retina & Dimensions button on or off makes the image smaller or bigger but I’m unable to set the size I want the image to be because the width and height inputs are always disabled.

Hi @tom2,

Sorry for the confusion, that option is only applicable for header. In footer image, you can simply change the width instead of just auto.

Thanks!

Hi Rad, Thanks for your answer but changing the width of the image via the width slider doesn’t make the image bigger it makes the container around the image wider, the height seems to remain unaffected and the width and height setting of the image remain greyed out … am I missing something here? The width and height of the image I’ve used is 951px by 570px and yet I still can’t control its width and height as one would expect. I find these settings confusing also why should there be a difference between the header and footer editor in this regard?

1 Like

Hello There,

To make thing simple, please remove your image element and insert a text element instead. In your text content, please insert the image and must select a medium size image so that it would fill the text element container.

By the way, the header and footer behaves and has different purpose which is why some of the features in the header elements cannot be found when you use the same element in the footer.

Hope this helps.

So to effectively use image elements and achieve expected results, the solution is to…not use image elements?

Thanks for the tip RueNel … this seems to work great! I hope the development team takes another look at this feature as it is not very usable.

1 Like

@Tratz or just increase the container height as mentioned by Paul:

@tom2 thanks for your feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.