Image Map Pro v5.x Does Not Work With Pro

FYI. The latest version of Image Map Pro (v 5.x) doesn’t work with Pro in the last stable release or the beta. The developer has failed to figure out why despite being given full access to a site to explore the issue.

An older release (v 4.5.5) does work with Pro.

The differences are mainly in the back-end UI for building image maps. More info here: https://imagemappro.com/

Hello @theotcspace,

Thanks for writing in!

Image map pro is a premium product and it’s plugin is distributed via Codecanyon. In that regards it’s difficult for me to test the case in my dev setup. Please share the login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

In the meantime please try out following solutions and let us know the outcome:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Thank you.

Tests

1. The earlier version of the plugin works. The later one doesn’t
  2. See point 1 - the site has plenty of memory

See secure note for login

Hi @theotcspace,

I can see the beta version is active.On admin and frontend, there’s no error on the console. There’s so many plugins out there and we are not always 100% familiar on the ins and out of the plugin. At the moment I can see layers cannot be selected properly and it just reloads and goes back to the same first layer.Can you confirm the details of the issue? Since this is a third party plugin, we can try to check but we cannot promise a fix. Thank you.

Hi,

Here’s two versions of the same page.

1. Latest beta of pro, and version 4.5.5 of Image Map Pro (Working as expected)

Hover your mouse over the 8 Practice squares and a tooltip pops up with a “Find Out More” button
https://wordpress-237015-947397.cloudwaysapps.com/testing/

1. Latest beta of Pro, and latest version of Image Map pro (5.x) (Not working)

https://newlink-staging.com/testing/
You can see the bricks become opaque as you hover over them, but the tooltips don’t show up

That is the specific thing which is the problem. Both sites are identical in every other respect. Something in the latest version of the I.M.P. plugin doesn’t play well with Pro. Pro is beta on both these sites. So the fault lies in their plugin, which they themselves can’t figure out.

I don’t expect too much… but thanks. Bill.

Hello Bill,

Thank you for the clarification.
I tried to do compare and notice that on the install where it is not working properly, the HTML for tooltip is missing. JSON code for tooltip is there but somehow it did not translate to html. Unfortunately we cannot dig deeper because the issue is really in the third party plugin. Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.