Image Editor in LayerSlider won't save

Using the LayerSlider plugin, there is an embedded image editor that allows you to do things like round the corners of the image, etc. You get to it by uploading the image and then clicking the little paint brush icon on the thumbnail. When I use this tool and then try to save the image, it won’t save. It just takes forever and eventually gives an error. For a while I was able to do it by de-activating the Pro theme, so I feel like it was a theme conflict, but even that isn’t working now. Can you determine if there is a conflict?

Hello Dannette,

Thanks for writing in!

Please try out following solutions and let us know the outcome:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

I tried all three solutions, and no luck. I actually deactivated every plugin (except LayerSlider) and had no luck.

However, I then switched to the 2019 theme AND deactivated all plugins, and it worked. So, next I tried activating plugins but leaving the 2019 theme, and then it worked.

When I deactivated the theme and tried it previously, it did not work. The difference now is that I’ve increased the memory limit.

Obviously, deactivating the theme to make this work is not ideal, so I’ll send my login credentials.

Hello Dannette,

Thanks for updating in! I have logged in and I could not find the paintbrush icon.

Can you pinpoint where I can find it by sending us a screenshot?
Thanks in Advance.

Ah! Yep, it’s part of the LayerSlider plugin. So, you need to navigate to “LayerSlider WP” and then open one of the sliders. (You can use “ballet” if you want, since that one still has the issue.)

Next, click on one of the slides to edit it. Hover over the selected image in the “Slide Background Image” area, and the paintbrush icon appears in the top, left corner of the image.

Since it only appears on hover, it’s tough to get in a screen capture, but this is the general area:

To get to the editor (where the error occurs), you have to click on the paintbrush, not the actual image.

Hi Dannette,

Thank you for the detailed walk-through, yes I see the issue on the slider but when I use my own sample image (see slide#6 of ballet slider) it actually works. The nature of this issue seems to have something to do with server limitation (the error leads to this issue) or the images that you have is formatted differently or both. If you take a look at the Media Library you’ll see your edited images is there but don’t have the proper thumbnail.

Can you try optimizing one of your image here, then use that image to your slide and see if you can edit it. If you can edit and save it, then you know the issue is your images.

If the issue persists, please contact your hosting support and ask about this 500 Internal Server Error, they might see what is causing this on the error log.

Let us know how it goes.
Cheers!

Wow, thanks for spending so much time trying to figure this out!

When I compressed the image using TinyPNG, it worked. (It took a long time to save, but I didn’t get the error.)

I’ll see if I can up limits on the host once the site moves live as well, but that will be on a different host, so the issue may not occur there.

Thanks again!! You really went above and beyond on this one!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.