Im not able to drag and drop elements

Hi community im not able to drag and drop elements into my pages, it just freezers, i have tried on different computers and different areas.

Hi Carolina,

Thanks for writing in! I have tried to login to your site, then I was getting this error message (see secure note).

Usually, most possible causes are due to caching or plugin conflicts. Also I advise you to check your PHP version and PHP memory limit as well. Could you please try following our general troubleshooting guidelines below and see if you can isolate the issue.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X/Pro > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the Theme Options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Make sure to clear full cache before testing (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and FTP credentials of your server using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Let us know how it goes.
Thank you.

Hmm i cleared my cache but it still does not work

Hello Carolina,

I have logged in and inspected your site. I found out that there is a JS error on the page. Upon closer investigation, it turns out that you added an invalid JS code. You have included a css code block in the JS section which have caused the error. You used this:

jQuery(function($){

$(window).scroll(function(){

if( $(this).scrollTop() == 0 ) {
			$('.x-navbar-fixed-top').removeClass('x-navbar-fixed-top');
		}

});

});

.masthead {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
}

.x-navbar-fixed-top {
    background-color: #ffff

);

}

Please have it updated and use this instead:

jQuery(function($){

$(window).scroll(function(){

if( $(this).scrollTop() == 0 ) {
			$('.x-navbar-fixed-top').removeClass('x-navbar-fixed-top');
		}

});

});

If you need to apply the css, please add the css in the proper CSS section:

.masthead {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
}

.x-navbar-fixed-top {
    background-color: #ffff
}

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

I just removed the code and put in the new one but it is still not working, still not able to drag and drop elements on the page…I have flushed the cache after I made the changes too…also this code was removed from the global header where it was located…but maybe there is something else?..I cant work on the site until this is fixed because i need to drag and drop elements :frowning:

I also have just removed all that JS & CSS but still not working and flushed cache

Hi There,

Could you please try testing the plugin conflicts again?

I’ve tried to disable all the 3rd party plugins(already enabled them baclk) then I was able to edit your pages(drag & drop) without any issues.

Let us know how it goes!

Yes it worked the Highlight and Share plug in was what broke it…I really like the plug in, is it possible to finish the sign and then reactivate the plug in? or can there be some problems dow the road? And if so, can you recommend similar plug-ins?

Hi,

I tried to search for an alternative but couldn’t find any that is similar to that plugin.
I can’t say for sure that it will not cause trouble down the road as we have no control over the development and release of that plugin.

Try to contact the plugin’s support, they might have an idea what s causing the issue.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/highlight-and-share/

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.