IE Question

Hey guys…I know IE is awful and no one should use it. Ha. But, I have a guy that is hearing complaints from older folks about it not working and rendering…and they are right. Is there anything I can do to make this work better?

Hi @cmdiggs,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, I agree that internet explorer is a problem specially the latter version of it.

I have checked your setup in my browsers. Firefox, chrome, and Microsoft edge. All working great. Would you mind sharing us the version of internet explorer that you used so we could replicate and try to fix it. I could not guarantee that we could fix it however we will do our best to help you.

Thanks.

Hey Nico

Thanks for the response. We are seeing it in IE 11. I did render software online and it still looked janky. Are you seeing the same thing?

Hey Chris,

I see the issues. Pro’s front-end output is compatible with IE 11. However, IE renders settings differently so you need to setup the correct cross browser setting. For example, the Image element will look blown up in IE because it does not recognize or renders max-width differently. So for that, you will need to specify a Width for your image like this:

By default, the Image element’s Width is set to auto. That works in major browsers but IE does not like that.

Please give us WP admin access in a Secure Note and we’ll show you the correct settings.

Thanks.

Perfect. Adding that note now. Thanks for the help

Hi @cmdiggs

I will show you the adjustment needed in this case to fix the logo in the header and the links in the menu, I’ve tried to do that on your website but due to multiple caching solutions you are using I couldn’t make it, please disable caching till you apply these settings first.

• For the logo image:

• For the menu links:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.