ID scrolling and back to top button broken

Hey there.

On my theme x page the back to top button and id scrolling is not working anymore. i already deactivated all plugins but it didnt help. additionally i deleted all custome css - didnt help either

any idea?

Hi Maik,

Thanks for reaching out.

You have added the ID multiple times, the ID should be unique and should be used once in a page only. Example, #german

The first german ID is added to the section after those buttons, then the second german ID is added to the H2 Headline with the text Download.

Please make sure the ID is added once.

Thanks!

i deleted that so german is there only once noe. other id like #english #kontakt or #contact are unique ones and do not work either

also german is not working even with only one id

Hey Maik,

It looks like there’s a third party script that is overriding the behavior of jump links. Would you mind deactivating your page-scroll-to-id plugin? If that does not help, please test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, also try the solutions listed below:

1. Switch to the parent theme.
  2. Check all areas of your site where you’ve added custom Javascript and back them up and remove them from your site.

Thanks.

all mentioned above didnt help. I dont even have custom js :confused:
Any other ideas?

Hi @maik282,

In that case, would you mind providing your admin login credentials in the secure note? This is weird, and what I’m seeing is the click binding on those buttons are removed.

Thanks!

there u go
thanks for your support!

Hello Maik,

It seems that your server is down. Please contact your hosting provider so that this can be resolve. Once it is live again, please let us know so that we can continue to troubleshoot the issue in your site.

Thank you.

no the page is working perfectly -at least now

Hi Maik,

The same on my end, it’s no longer accessible on my end. Please check again and let us know.

Thanks!

i just tried it and also another riend tried it on hos laptop and worked fine for both of us

Hi Maik,

Maybe your site or host has active security that blocks visitors from other countries?

Please make sure to disable that security for now.

Thanks!

may i ask which country u want to connect to the page?

My friend in thailand ahs no problems

Hi There,

The username or password is incorrect. Could you please double check?

Please also try with the following steps:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

please try again - it wokred for me -did u check the captacha box?

Hi There,

The issue is coming from the custom code in child theme. I’ve switched to the parent theme then everything is working fine now.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.