I'd Like to Save Section as Template

Hello!

I don’t believe this feature is available, please let me know if it is. I’d like to save only one section, even after a few sections are created on the page, as a template. Sometimes I build a page and realize that I’d like one section of that page on another page. Currently the options are only to save the whole page as a page or sections, but I cannot just select one section to save as a section. Hopefully that makes sense! It would be a great feature to add! Thanks!

2 Likes

It would be handy to have, but there is a simple workaround: Save the page. Delete all the sections you don’t want saved as a template, save the remaining as a block template, then reload the page without saving.

@mikebourne, thanks for chiming in and sharing your feedback!

@vmars9, the suggestion mentioned will certainly work. We have plans for something similar to this down the road, but at the time there is not anything like this available natively.

Additionally, just in case you might have missed it, Apex has a dedicated support forum, which you can read more about here. I’ll move this to the proper channel for now and we’re happy to assist you down the road in the support forums if you need anything! :blush:

Strange, I thought I clicked the +support button! @mikebourne I have used that method in the past, it can get to be time-consuming having to delete all that content. Re-creating the section usually is faster. Thanks for the answer. Hope to see the feature sometime soon, would love it!

Hi There,

Yes, it is case to case basis depending on the content of the page where the section is. We will let you know once we have an update on this feature.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.